NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England???

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New England???
    Posted: January-04-2007 at 9:12am
Has there been any talk yet of a New England reunion this year. I thought I remember Ken saying something about Keith looking into his dad's lake, but that's all I recall. Anybody know anything. Just curious as summer plans are already starting to form and I wanted an idea of schedule.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2007 at 11:44am
Larry,

Keith and I did discuss the New England reunion in ME. I'm not sure the status. I'll try reaching out to Keith because this is the right time of year to start planning it.

Ken
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2007 at 12:01am
I am new to the 2001 community. And I can't wait to go to my first Correct Craft Reunion. How many boats usually show up for a New England Reunion?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 4:34pm
Hi All,
I was thinking it was time to start this discussion. The 2006 reunion was a great time and I like to make the next reunion even bigger and better. We have to consider a few options for the 2007 NE Reunion.

1) Do we want to keep things as they were last year or change format and location (last year the 'land' event was at NECC and the 'water' event was at Milton Three Ponds, NH)?

2) If we change locations, what are we looking for / value the most?
  • Land and water evnets at same location?

• Motels / campgrounds nearby?
  • [/
  • For water event: ability to hang out on water together (i.e. sandbar)?
  • For water event: ability to ski/board/foot on lake together?
  • For water event: lake size?

• For water event: calm water?

• We have been looking at doing the 2007 event at our family's lake in Limerick, ME (Sokokis Lake). The lake is divided into two sections, separated by a narrows. The smaller section could be made private for the majority of a day (this is what we do for the annual ski show). This would allow for calm water where we could all ski, board or foot together. Down side is this part of the lake is very small. We would only be able to have two boats at any one time at skiing / boarding speed. The rest of the lake would be open to all traffic (reunion traffic and 'public' traffic). However, it too is not very big (less than 200 acres).

There is no sandbar on the lake but there is a nice beach with a gra$$y field right at the water's edge where we could 'hang' for the day.

It all depends on what people want out of the event. Please give me your feedback.
    Former:
    97 Sport Nautique
    1994 Ski Nautique
    86 Silver Nautique
    79 Mustang
    NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 6:25pm
    Happy 2007 Keith!
    You guys did such a great job last year, I know that each year it will get even better.
    My 2 cents:
    NECC was a pretty good set-up but, If ya had a real scorcher of a day, that parking lot may not be the best place to be? The beach/gra$$y area would be pretty cool!
    I'd say an area that you can hang out, get the boats wet, & have a few cold ones, is more important than a perfect ski site.
    NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 6:26pm
    Any hard dates been mentioned yet?
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 11:05am
    Maine, I'm staying the hell away from Milton Three Ponds!

Would be nice to find lodging and have night festivities.

NECC was a fun location in my opinion. They did a great job hosting. Maybe this year, we can host for them on the lake.

As for when, I'm keeping my eye out for when
    Great Lake is happening. I'd like to attend both. Any idea when GL is happening?

Ken
    TRBenj View Drop Down
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 11:15am
    GL is the weekend of July 14-15, so an August date for New England would probably be best.
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:30pm
    Thanks, Tim. Are you flying or driving to GL?

We should probably shoot for last week of July, first week of Aug for NE? Keith will have the final say, I'd imagine.

Ken
    TRBenj View Drop Down
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:35pm
    Unless I can figure out how to hitch the boat to a plane, Ill be driving.

First or 2nd weekend in August would probably give those of us who do both time to rest in between.

Keith, you going to GL again?
    M3Fan View Drop Down
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 1:59pm
    Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Unless I can figure out how to hitch the boat to a plane, Ill be driving.

Anyone flying a C-130 or a C-5/7 Galaxy to GL?

Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 2:43pm
    Got ya, Tim. I'm going fly out there. My luck, my trailer will explode on the highway. I figure there are probably enough boats there that I could bum a ride.

Maybe I missed the thread, but do we have lodging arrangements yet?

Ken
    Mojo View Drop Down
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 2:53pm
    Ken,
    GL lodging will get tough before to long. I suggest that you take a look at the Chamber sie for reference listings on hotels and get booking.. Any help I can be, please let me know.. It will be great to meet you guys up in the Heartland !!! Oh, and bring the damn boat with ya already !!! There's nothing to hit in the Big Green !!
    Moj'
    www.greenlakecc.com
    05' SV211 TE
    73' Martinique
    had:96' SNOB
    had:76' Nautique
    had 77 Tique

Keith View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 12:00am
    Ken,
    Yea, I'll be flying out to Green Lake again this year. My Dad may come agian as well.

We need to work out a few details. I'll try to talk to Mojo and Alan next week to lock down some things. Then I'll setup a new reg page with dates, links, etc.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Former:
    97 Sport Nautique
    1994 Ski Nautique
    86 Silver Nautique
    79 Mustang
    Riley View Drop Down
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 8:45am
    Keith, If your thinking about Sokokis Lake, would the Lakeside Grill be a good spot? They host the June INT meet and there is a parking lot and launch ramp next door.
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 11:28am
    Tim or Keith,

Where are you guys lodging? I'd like to stick together if possible. When are you flying in, Keith?

Ken
    TRBenj View Drop Down
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 12:17pm
    Lakeside is booked, so Ill be trying the Bayview. If I cant get in there, I may just get a campground space.
    PLBC View Drop Down
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 1:23pm
    Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Tim or Keith,

Where are you guys lodging? I'd like to stick together if possible. When are you flying in, Keith?

Ken

Separation Anxiety?

Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 1:42pm
    That's the way we east coast boyz roll. I can't dis my posse. Nah mean, Kurt?
    PLBC View Drop Down
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 3:08pm
    Sure.
    Hollywood View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 3:12pm
    Worse (worst?) comes to worst, find a boat and crawl under the cover. It's been done before
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 4:09pm
    Cool, Hollywood. I'll use your boat. Do you mind me under your cover?
    Hollywood View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 4:14pm
    Knock your socks off. Please keep the vomit in the bilge from trying to keep up with the PLBC at the sandbar.
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 4:17pm
    Leave your skirt at home, Hollywood. You'll be pa$$ed out in barf while I'm polishing off the rest of the beers.
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 4:25pm
    Picture of Hollywood after trying to keep up drinking brew with Ken.

Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 4:26pm
    Even this guy beats Hollywood:

Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 4:26pm
    They're laughing at you....

Hollywood View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 4:39pm
    I found a pic from Ken's 21st Birthday Bash. He rented out the back room at Nancy's pizza.

PLBC View Drop Down
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 5:03pm
    Looks like a kickin' tea party!
    M3Fan View Drop Down
    Grand Poobah
    Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2007 at 5:19pm
    Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Leave your skirt at home, Hollywood. You'll be pa$$ed out in barf while I'm polishing off the rest of the beers.

Can't wait for the GL reunion. This should be good.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
      Share Topic