NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Next Rig

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Next Rig
    Posted: January-08-2007 at 5:14pm
What do you think your next logical "rig" will be? a$$uming you don't win the lotto or have any lifestyle-changing differences in disposable income, what will you be shopping for next? If none, then what would you replace your boat with if it were stolen/destroyed and you were reasonalbly reimbursed by your insurance company? Would you toss in a few bucks and upgrade to a different hull/year?

Personally, I'll probably go open bow next. Our current rig is pretty much my "dream rig" as far as CB goes, so the only thing I could want that I don't already have is more room. I'll probably be shopping for a very, very lightly used 206 or a brand new one in a couple years, depending on how things go.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 5:18pm
That's easy, I am looking for a 1999 SN with an open bow, MPEFI, Perfect Pa$$, Heater, and Shower. Maybe after this winter when I finish rebuilding the 87 SN? If not, maybe next year. Dream boat, 2007 SN 196!
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 5:53pm
I would have two,something old and something new.The 64 ain't for sale and if something was to happen i would start all over again with another project of the same year,but i want a 2001 maybe a '83 thru 87 just for the interior room,would be easier to pull the chute too.Old is COOL,at 52 i dont need a note on a toy......... boat dr
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 6:24pm
If I could reset the clock about ten years and the kids were 4 and 7 I'd probably be in a 206. Open bow for Mom, tower for the kids boards, boom for dad and a cooler for all.

Present day I'm still looking for my 81 barefoot.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 7:05pm
For me, probably a 206. I'd love to have that ski locker in the back. Still probably 5 years off or so. The wife wants a 211......probably not going to happen.

Rob
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 7:55pm
My 206 is the perfect boat for me, with the stereo upgrade being done this winter the only thing that could possibly make it better would be 100 more pony's. If I walked in the dealer today I would order the exact same boat.

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 8:11pm
Quinner's boat.   I've often admired those colors. With three little ones, we could use the versatility of the 206. I must say that's the dream boat. I can't see spending that kind of money right now. Maybe once the college money is socked away, but for now I will continue to stick with the older CC's, which I also love.

In terms of the "rig", I just traded a paid for 2003 Excursion for a 2006 Honda Odyssey, with a note.     We just had our third kid and the minivan finally made sense. My wife and I were holding out, but I must say the minivan works for a grocery getter, but not very cool to take to the lake. I did manage to keep the F-150 to "pull the boat".
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 8:54pm
...I would look for an open bow, but have always wanted a Barefoot Nautique.
Heath
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 9:08pm
2 0 6 with a tower
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 9:20pm
I have been reading every one posts and thinking, Gee, I am lucky I have everything I want in C.C.'s Then it hit me NO I DON'T set me up with a 2001.... 82, 83, or 84.
hasbeenskier
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 10:14pm
My next boat will hopefully be an '87-'89 2001/ Barefoot Nautique, or if somehow it became feasible I would like a newer 196, love the cla$$ic looks of the closed bow.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2007 at 10:31pm
Current replacement a BFN 2001.

Future upgrade a TSC 1 or 2.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 1:04am
quinner; I would never get rid of the '80 to upgrade (to old) but mrs jbear's favorite ride of all was our 206. The ride, open bow, room amd the storage locker had her lovin' that boat. If there is one outa all of 'em that I am sad I sold, it would have to be my '98. Best boat ever made by C/C in my humble opinion. Love the look of your 206.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 9:14am
I doubt I will ever sell the '90, but I wouldnt mind having a fleet of CC's. The next addition will likely be a late 60's/early 70's Mustang or Skier. I also love the Master's burgandy TSC1 and the new graphics on the 06+ 196.

Feelgood M.D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feelgood M.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 10:58am
My future upgrade would have to be a pylon and boom for the 86 BFN, maybe some shiny paint and a tach that works... and a 4 blade prop.
Hunting for a Early 2000s Super Air or Super Sport w/ a Python
Former Boats:
2001 SN 196
1986 BFN
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 11:32am
A bright YELLOW 77-79 Ski Tique/Nautique!
I'd love to have one of these to just cruise the lakes in

(Or maybe roll it the PLBC way -
A deck boat with living room furniture )
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 11:47am
I will keep my 82 untill I can upgrade to a Super Sport or Super Air. Right now I am just enjoying being able to have the one that I do.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 1:26pm
Hmmm. If I could get something new, it would probably be a new 216 or a 211. With the wife and the two kids (4 yr old and a 7 month old), my 2000 sport is roomy enough, but add my bro and his family and the roomy 211 would be better.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 2:08pm
'96-'00 super sport or super air. open bow, v-drive, tower, perfect pa$$. I like y'all's barefoot answers though...I'll keep that in mind when I "upgrade" :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 4:01pm
My next upgrade would not be in the boat, but a little of the knowledge/courage that you guys have to work on them. Then I could keep the d**n thing running forever. Soon as I get it figured out, gonna post a picture of the '85. (Burgandy/Grey Hull combo, all original) Thanks for the site guys!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 7:29pm
My next boat will be a 66 or 67 Barracuda, or a 68-70 Mustang or Skylark.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 9:20pm
NAUTI: If ya cought my boat pics you saw that my first was a '78 Yellow Nautique. Rode on that low trailer with the full fenders. Wow was I proud to own that boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 9:35pm
   Hopefully the 05 SANTE will last forever.I would someday like to add something older to the dock,but it won't be tomorrow Actually I have my eye on a one owner mid80's 2001,low hrs,always stored inside,etc.Hoping to be able to swing it when he decides to sell.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
dsums View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2007 at 11:39pm
I just brought home a 2001 SN196 with GT40 and 49 hours so I think I would change nothing at this time. Will be putting the 1987 Ski Supreme up for sale. Had it for 15 yrs with no issues. Has 750 hrs and still in really nice shape. Nice to step up though. Money no object one of the 06 SN196 usedin the big dawg competition looks good.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 8:39am
Oooh Ya Jbear, I noticed that one.
There's something about those late 70 yellow Tiques & Nautiques that I love.
Especially the ones with the nice diamond stichted interiors!
Maybe someday the 84 will go & one of those will be the new project.

The wife would kill me if she hear's me talking like that though.
(I've drove her nuts with buying/fixing up moterhomes recently )
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 9:51am
THATS EASY!!!

A 60s 'cuda SS ....

I need a hull to transplant my , still in-the-crate, 300 horse/350 Vortec, into......

....aaahhhh...someday... ....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 11:54am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

NAUTI: If ya cought my boat pics you saw that my first was a '78 Yellow Nautique. Rode on that low trailer with the full fenders. Wow was I proud to own that boat.

john

John, not to down any of your previous boats (which are all OUTSTANDING), but I really like that '78.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 12:31pm
For me.....

60's or 70's barracuda SS or a 80's or 90's barefoot Nautique

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 1:16pm
1999 SN powered by the Python 8.1.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2007 at 1:31pm
Think I'll keep the 86 for a long time and get a pontoon boat.A ski boat and pontoon boat are the perfect combo. Just anchor the pontoon and ski from there all day long- that way you don't have to keep going back to the dock to pick up/ drop off/ refill cooler/ etc.
If I were to trade up, I'd go with a newer model closed bow SN that has low hours, fuel injection and is a bit quieter than the 86 (not too popular at 6:30 a.m.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic