Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need an oil press gauge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need an oil press gauge
    Posted: February-07-2007 at 12:40am
Just checking to see if anyone has a spare hanging around their garage or even an older one that still works. Mine stays pegged at max, which now that I have a brand new engine, could be a bad thing...I want this one to last.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 1:19am
I found a replacement for one of my gauges at Summit Racing cost me about $25 for a temp gauge. i had to use the light from the old gauge to make the lights match.

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:18am
See I'm not too worried about being original, I'm worried about being functional for the least amount of money. I'm a college student who just quit his job (which paid in peanuts anyway) so I'm FLAT broke.

Thanks for the lead though...I really need to suck it up and buy a whole new set of gauges as they are all a bit worn and/or quirky.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:12pm
'7, post a pict of what you have if you can. I'm sure you'd like to come close to matching if possible and I've got quite a few older ones. Can't beat the price either, free. If you haven't done so already, make sure you check to be sure you don't have a grounding problem on that existing gauge.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:21pm
I think the mechanic did everything he could to rule out needing a new gauge when he installed the new engine. I've got a picture of my console, but I don't know how clear the gauges are in it. They're just black with blue and white writing if I remember correctly.

If you have an email address I'll send you the picture I currently have. I'm honestly not worried about looks, just functionality.

Thanks,
Ryan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:05pm
Like this?

$25.95 at Summit.
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 3:29pm
Free sounds so much better    But yeah, that is pretty much what it looks like and I should be able to swing $26 if all else fails.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 8:49pm
Ryan, I'm at reidp@bellsouth.net. $26 is hard to beat for a new one, but that's almost two cases of beer.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 9:33pm
We buy in kegs...but $26 is over half a keg of PBR.

I'll send you a picture of my console and if you zoom it in, you should be able to at least get an idea. It really does look almost just like what was posted by Tim above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic