Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake camping Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 4:01pm
Sorry, I didn't read properly, so you don't have cruise huh? Looks like we need to be on our best behavior for Santa in '07.

So what have you come up with for the exhaust? This may need to go somewhere else for conversation, but are you still "piping" the boat? I thought you were strokin' the motor this winter? Man, lookin' back on this post it sounds a bit queer huh?
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

This may need to go somewhere else for conversation

Todd, feel free to shoot me an email: TRBenj at gmail dot com. Im running late for a game, Ill fill you in tomorrow!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 5:53pm
The RV sights are I think 5 bucks more but that is because you get electricity with the spot incase some of you serious tenters need a fan to keep a little cool at night like us .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 6:30pm
Looks like we are moving to 34 now. She shot me a e-mail saying that they just booked 35 under me. So if any of you have 35....better sleep with one eye open or just leave your cooler withing stumbling distance! So we are in for site 34

Later
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 10:25am
guess what, we moved again!!! We are going to be at site number 12. If I move again it will be in a anchored boat in the middle of the lake and staying for free!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 12:26pm
Looks like we're going to have a CCFan community in the ol woods....Fantastic...

Yes, like 81' states, there are only enough spots for the big rigs in this town campground.. Book um quick Danno !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 9:00pm
Barb sent me an email today and asked me if I knew some guy named reidp and that the spot next to him was open #26 and did I want it, I said only if he stays out of my cooler, so it looks like we have 26, if for some reason we cant make it one you can have that spot!    
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 6:29pm
Barb called me today and asked if I knew some guy named Mark who was worried about his 6pk cooler of PBR. I've requested a new camp spot.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

....so she's game to make it a vaca trip, dogs and all.

Hey Reid,

Did you get my return email? I'm pretty sure I'm in if you decide to get up there. Let me know if you still have room.

-JMurph
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:47pm
JMurph, can't recall the email, but I've secured our accomodations for GL with plenty of room for you. I'll fill you in Monday, but it's very cool.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:55pm
You both are killin' me!

When do you leave for down here? I did not get our shipment yet. You are still coming, right? Talked to 79 and backfoot; they are both in. Easy to get to Marks house. Call me and I'll tell ya how.

Can't wait to see you guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 5:14pm
For you Reunioners that don't camp, I just talked to the owner of the Bay View Motel in GL and he reminded me of a 2 room suite he has wide open for the weekend we meet. For those traveling in a group or with a large family, this might be the ticket for you. The room is $220 a night, which might seem expensive, but is actually the cheapest on the lake for accommodations on the water. Boat mooring and all. He also stated for us to keep calling back for rooms as he has some possibly coming open.. So..

Call 920-294-6504 and ask for Bill. Tell him you are part of the CC reunion..

Just thought you'd like to know..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 9:14pm
Just got my confirmation for site 29 at hattie sherwood campground.

Rob
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 1:43pm
Is the Bay View Motel near where we meet to go boating???

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:09pm
Yup, Bay View and Lakeside are both pretty close, IIRC. Both were all booked up last time I called.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:13pm
Tim,

I might have asked already, but where are you staying? I don't want to have to spoon with 79Nautique the whole weekend!

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:24pm
Ken, Ive got a camp site reserved. I figure we'll be on the lake all weekend, so I wont need any fancy accomodations.

I didnt realize it, but the paperwork from the campground says 2 adults per site (max). Im not sure whos making the trip with me yet, so if its more than that, they might be spooning with '79 too!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:22pm
Yeah, what's the deal with the max 2 adults? I saw that also, but can't imagine the reasoning behind that unless they just need to possibly collect more money for more adults. I was planning on having as many as 4-5 in our group. Some of them act like kids. So hopefully we can pay more or either hide from the camp patrol.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:39pm
Reid,

I'm thinking about it. Last time I pa$$ed by the Harley Plant, and the Mercury Outboard plant. I'd kind of like to take a tour. Only about 45 miles from GL. Talking to the wife tonight. I may just take a week. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:35pm
Am I S.O.L. on getting into this campground? Would I need my own tent and stuff like that? Sorry, don't mean to be ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Looks like it's going to just be me, my wife has a baby shower planned for her sister.

I'll search nearby hotels and motels too. It would be nice if I could be in the same area as you guys. I'm going to book my airline ticket and rental car tomorrow. I'm more concerned about where I'll be sleeping!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:41pm
Hey, I heard that the Mastercraftfan.com members are coming to camp that weekend too. Here's a glimpse of their happy reunion last year:

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:49pm
ROFL!!

Where the heck do you find this stuff?

Ken, you'll need a room, I don't see how you'd get enough gear to survive camping on the plane with you. The bayview still has their suite available, it's pricey but if you got a few people to go in on it with you it might be a good option. Right on the water and a block or 2 from the Goose Blind and another couple blocks to the campground.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 7:00pm
Alan,

Sounds good. I'll check both Bayview and Goose Blind. I just want to reserve now so I don't miss out. I'll pay more money to have a decent place. I can't wait until GL, I'm still extremely frustrated how NE ended last year!! Just finished paying the balance of my medical bills.

I search for the crap above to get 79 riffing. I know it makes his skin crawl. The power of Google Imagages!

Ken
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 7:27pm
Hey Brownie needs a roomate I believe, And Ken I don't believe they have room at the bar for overnite stays. Goose Blind is the bar from what I remember it is next door to the motel Quinner is staying maybe it is called that but I thought it had a different name.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Am I S.O.L. on getting into this campground? Would I need my own tent and stuff like that? Sorry, don't mean to be ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Looks like it's going to just be me, my wife has a baby shower planned for her sister.
Ken

If I were going solo, I'd rent a mini van, and sleep in it. Shower at the camp ground.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Hey, I heard that the Mastercraftfan.com members are coming to camp that weekend too. Here's a glimpse of their happy reunion last year:

Only kidding!!!

"That boy aint right." Hank Hill

BKH
Livin' the Dream

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:20pm
Ken, Check this out below if you didn't see it already where I posted in on the GL update thread. Just rent a pop-up camper and the guy will deliver it to the campsite. Something like $180 for the weekend, and it sleeps 4 like yourself or 8 mastercraft fans. You won't need many camping supplies if any.

In regards to alternatve accomodations if Ken and others are still looking, I spoke to a super nice guy this afternoon named Dan from Fox Valley RV rentals in Appleton, WI which isn't too far away. He's still got ample pop-up and motorhome rentals available. He grew up on Green Lake and his parents are retired there. He said it was very possible that he could even deliver a unit or two to the Lake. Anyone interested can reach him at http://www.foxvalleyrv.com/, or 920-303-2741.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:14pm
Guys,
Really, there are plenty of rooms either in hotels, B&B's, rental houses etc. Yes, the two prime hotels are taken for the most part, but there are places to stay all over the place.

Check into:
Green Lake Inn
Oakwood Lodge (B&B)
Dartford Inn
McConnell Inn (B&B)
Greenlake Cottages

These are all hotels that are in town and most of them will have availability still this early..

Ken, now untwist your panties and look up these places on the Chamber site and start calling. Also, keep calling the Bayview and Lakside inn back from time to time. Both have constant cancellations..

Bayview has a 2 room suite that for $200 bucks, 4 guys could easily stay, right on the water for $50 bucks a piece...

Let me know if you need any help..

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:15pm
Does anybody really know, personally, 8 mastercrap, opps, mastercraft, fans?

john

Mojo: I admit to being a bit confused...you gonna help Ken with the 200 large or with the four guys?
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 11:27pm
Neither Jbear, just throwing some options out there.. Hell, he can sleep in the Taurus for all I care LOL..
Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic