NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

feel bad 4 them

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 9:28pm
I hate the bank just as much, but I aleast get some of that back when I do my taxes. I get nothing from paying high gas bills.
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 4:04pm
What???? Who are we to say how much that Exxon should be happy with. The shareholders, which included loads of retirement funds for teachers and unions, depend on those profits. I'll bet they will tell you that more is better. Exxon also paid Billions (yes with a "B") in income taxes. A certain female presidential hopeful wants to take the profits from the shareholders and do something else with the money. Do you agree with that? Yeah take away that profit or ad "windfall taxes" and see how much you'll be paying for gas. Anyway, the profit margin on the gasoline that they sell is around 10%. Banking runs about 16%. I don't hear any complaining about that.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 3:50pm
And we help them out even more by buying premium for our toys. You gotta pay to play!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 11:57am
so I guess we could bring gas prices back down aorund $1.50 a gallon and they can just be happy making $10 billion a year. Just my 2 cents. But that will never happen, so just fill them up and have fun.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 10:03am
     $39.5 billion = $75.000 every minute of every day x 365(that's what the news reported)
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Ski Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 11:21pm
It's hard to fathom how much of a profit that is. Just makes it kind of hard to understand things from their perspective. How much money do the top exec's really need?
Wish the would share those profits!
88 2001 - Family's boat

We've got to carry each other - ONE
Ski Texas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 11:20pm
At least now you know what stock to buy.

And don't envy them to much soon Al Gore will have them out of business
3/4 of the Planet is water
Spend 3/4 of you time on the water
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 10:32pm
I don't know about everyone else but don't you feel bad for exxon they only had a record breaking profit year for the second year in a row. They only made 39.5 billion, and said they would have made more but fourth quater prices were down for gasoline, and nautral gas.

But remember your not being screwed at the pump by the gas company or the government.

Hope nobody works for them, if so I am sorry for my rant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic