Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teleflex gauges wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
resorter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teleflex gauges wanted
    Posted: February-17-2007 at 10:01pm
I just started a restoration on my 74 Southwind and would like to keep it as original as possible, but I'm having a tough time locating the older Teleflex gauges. Does anyone happen to have any like the ones in the pictures? I mostly need an amp,tach and speedo.

Thanks!

Scott
Southwind 20
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 10:17pm
scott, all that is available from Teleflex now that looks anything like the guages that you have now are the "Vector Series"
You can buy a 6 or 4 guage set;
part #65487PXX14XV44 for the 6 guage set
Part #65483PXX1X9V63 for the 4 guage set
240.75 and 187.95 respectively......
       boat dr
resorter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 10:26pm
Thanks boat dr. I was going to buy the vector series as a last resort. Over the last 2 years I've been able to collect all the OEM parts that I need to restore the boat, except for those gauges.
Thanks again!
Southwind 20
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 10:53pm
Scott, if you decide to go that route, I will see if I can pa$$ on some type of CCF discount......boat dr
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 8:17am
Resorter, Have you considered sending the old ones out for rebuilding? The following is a guy that may help. He was a repair tech. all his life for Steward Warner and when they closed down the Chicago plant he went into the business of gauge repair. He specializes in marine gauges.

Pat Powell
708 209 1487

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
1969cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 11:43am
I have some of the gauges your looking for. I'm currently away from home and will be back next Wednesday 2/24/07. I will look to see which ones I have if you like.
1969cc
resorter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 1:57pm
pbrainard, thanks for the contact info. Once I have an amp and a tach gauge to match the rest of the original set, then I will be sending them out for a rebuild. I appreciate you sending me Pat's name.

1969cc, Yes please check and see what you have. Thanks!

Scott
Southwind 20
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 3:15pm
Go to CPPERFORMANCE.COM They have ones just like the old ones they just have a HM on the dial .
1969cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:17pm
I have a tach and amp gauges. I'm not sure the bezel on the amp gauge is the same as your pics, Emailme and I will send you pics.
resorter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 5:01pm
Nautique Frk, Thanks for the info. You're right the Hardin gauges look just like the originals.

1969cc, Thanks for looking, I sent you an email.

Scott
Southwind 20
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:22pm
Resorter,
I too have an extra used exact amp gauge to match. In lieu of rebuilding them, which I do feel is the most ideal course for originality, there is a company outside of Detroit which deals in lots of old NOS gauges and other marine parts, and, while they don't have your exact Teleflex gauges, I believe they do still have the very next generation Teleflex ('75-'76+/-) which is very similiar with the chrome bezels etc. Only you, me and Pete Brainard would know the difference. I bought two sets a year or so ago, and they really look good, AND original I will try to remember to post this company's contact info tomorrow on this thread for anyones benefit, but you can email me at reidp@bellsouth.net to guarantee a connection.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic