NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CCFan Get together at Boston Boat Show

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCFan Get together at Boston Boat Show
    Posted: February-17-2007 at 10:13pm
Nine CCFans and invited guests converged at the Boston Boat show today. Shown below at New England Correct Craft's display are

Ken (Nautique2001)
Eric - a friend of Brad's - a Malibu owner but a nice guy just the same
Larry (75 Tique)
Matt (mgswed)
Tim (TRBenj)
Brad (barracuda)
Mike (05 210)

Dale (Duck Soup) and Vince (Cape Cod CC) joined us just after this picture and I think they all made a return trip to New England Correct Craft for another group shot after I left. (waiting for updated photo to be posted)

Everything was going pretty good until we got thrown out of the Mastercraft display when Ken hopped in one of their boats and started mashing cheesy puffs into the carpet.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 10:36pm
Nice guys. These things are a lot more fun when you have a group to hook up with. Still waiting for the photos of the JBear motor adventure which went down today. BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 8:39am
[QUOTE=75 Tique]

Everything was going pretty good until we got thrown out of the Mastercraft display when Ken hopped in one of their boats and started mashing cheesy puffs into the carpet.

[QUOTE]

LOFL   Good trip, hope you had time for a few beers after
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 9:16am
Nice hat Tim.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2007 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

hope you had time for a few beers after

Naturally:

Finally got the chance to show off the new hat- nice catch Joel.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:18am
BTW, our waitress was a doll. I'd go back there again. GREAT service.

Great time at the show, guys. I'm glad we got together and did this. Looking forward to seeing you all on the water....I'll bring the nuts and cheesy puffs.

Ken

mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 10:45am
Thanks Ken for getting those tickets. The show was a blast.

It was great to finally meet some of you and put some faces to usernames.

The show gave me the summer itch. Now i can't wait to take the boat out of storage.

Matt
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 6:25pm
   Apparently my bro-in-law got into quite a heated battle with those Mastercraft salesmen while we were at dinner.I'm sorry I missed that.We got the boating itch so bad we hauled the t.v. into his garage and watched the DAYTONA 500 while buffing the 89 Supra his brother bought last Tuesday.Truely Sad.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

We got the boating itch so bad we hauled the t.v. into his garage and watched the DAYTONA 500 while buffing the 89 Supra his brother bought last Tuesday.Truely Sad.

Mike

that is sad waisting time buffing a supra, hopefully you where supervisor.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 7:42pm
We had the boat itch here in central Florida. So a few cool guys got together and had a little work session. You can find some pics elsewhere.

It is to cool when we can put a face to the name, isn't it?

john

PS to 75: you look lots younger than me...I thought we were closer in age than it looks 'cause we have alot of the same experiances.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:02pm
In the grand scheme of things John, we're pretty close, I turned 52 a couple weeks before you turned 56.

Your engine work party looked like it was a pretty good time. I'm sure you're pleased with the results. Pretty capable pit crew you had there.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:06pm
Boy you are a young lookin' 52. My hair ain't been that dark for quite a while.

Sweet pit crew. In fact I am thinkin' of hiring them out for next years race. We'll bring BlondieGurl as well.

Seriously; awesome time. Would've been a blast even if we weren't workin' on my boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 9:15pm
Couldn't help but think about Keith's little web site again this weekend. How cool is it that out of a bunch of guys from all around the country, 8 converge in Boston and several converge in Lake Wales on the same winter day. Not too long ago we were all just faceless entities typing notes back and forth to each other. Look at all the friendships and good times that have emerged out of it.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

We got the boating itch so bad we hauled the t.v. into his garage and watched the DAYTONA 500 while buffing the 89 Supra his brother bought last Tuesday.Truely Sad.

Mike

that is sad waisting time buffing a supra, hopefully you where supervisor.

I mostly supervised the cooler,at least for the second half of the race.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2007 at 11:29pm
Larry: How right you are about Keith's site. Couldn't have said it better myself.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 8:26am
Thanks for a good time fellas! Was good to finally meet Larry and Mat- and the (in)famous Jeff Werner too.
Thanks again Craig and Ken for hookin us up with discounted tickets.

Craig- that red and white Ski 196 would look great at the next NE reunion :)

See you all this spring!
-Brad
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 5:42pm
I talked to the CC salesman on Sunday, and he had all good things to say about you guys that visited on Saturday.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Thanks for a good time fellas! Was good to finally meet Larry and Mat- and the (in)famous Jeff Werner too.
Thanks again Craig and Ken for hookin us up with discounted tickets.

Craig- that red and white Ski 196 would look great at the next NE reunion :)

See you all this spring!
-Brad

That 196 was georgeous, but why do they use black tape between the red and white, and not gel coat?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 2:52pm
Riley- Didn't even notice..don't care either.
Maybe the 5.50 beers clouded my vision

Between the boat show and the warm weather these past couple days, I'm getting the boating fever. Think I'll call SkiDim and order all my spring tune up parts now.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:39pm
Hey Ken, I wouldn't be picking on 79 about his size, looks like you put on some weight over the years based on the videos and pics you've posted.

I would have pinned Bill Maher as an MC guy, not Malibu.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:11pm
Believe me, I haven't said a word about 79's size. Yeah, I've changed over 14 years. Time to get back to the gym to shed some winter growth.

Ken
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hey Ken, I wouldn't be picking on 79 about his size, looks like you put on some weight over the years based on the videos and pics you've posted.

I would have pinned Bill Maher as an MC guy, not Malibu.

Where'd this pic come from. Please don't tell me this guy owns a Malibu.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:52pm
Is he giving the Inny to the Naughty with the Outy?

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:55pm
Just like a girl you'd wanna take home to meet Mom.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic