NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jbears 351

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 10>
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:17am
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:19am
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:23am
Very Cool, I'm jealous as hell that you guys can even go out for a ride.

Any performance numbers yet, where you able to pull 79 up deep barefoot
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:46am
For what I can tell the performance is way up, but I will let Jbear and 79 fill in the blanks on that!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:49am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:59am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

For what I can tell the performance is way up, but I will let Jbear and 79 fill in the blanks on that!

very cool, I'm headed to the machine shop this morning to check up on my project. With any luck I'll have the block back this weekend and then I can start having some fun too. Man what a long winter.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 11:10am
81..did you get your block decked??
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 11:24am
Allan you should be very pleased with those heads, At first I thought you would be down a little after looking over the cam spec you chose, But I was pretty impressed with the P's and the preformance products intake we installed. Need to tweek the throtle cable a little still and re-build the RWP for John and then there's that igniton issue too, in due time I guess. Real nice set up with the stock cam and everything else being stock a solid 4800-5000 top RPM now.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 11:29am
What a beautiful boat that is. Initially I thought if I ever got a project boat it would be a 77-79, but now I'm leaning towards 80-81. CC needs to seriously consider re-releasing that stripe job on the new models! It could happen!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 11:54am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

81..did you get your block decked??

At first glance the machinist said no but I thought with the added compression it wouldn't hurt to have a nice clean deck surface. I'm headed over now to go over everything one more time before they start. He did say they would check for flatness and deck if they needed it.

79, I didn't go crazy with the cam but it's certainly not stock so I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

I still have a OJ 13x13 and a 13x14 to tame the rpm's until I decide what to do for a CNC prop. Have a good one, the weekend is only 4 days away.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 11:57am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

What a beautiful boat that is.

When I ordered my interior skins from MWCC I sent them a photo of John's boat as a guide. It is a great looking boat. Wish I was a little closer I'd love to help him get some fresh paint on it.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 12:06pm
Hey MadMarxx,

Is that 79 waving so long as in try to keep up or was he just being friendly?
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 12:19pm
greg you hit the nail on the head.

Allan you won't be able to use either of those props if you want to open it up all of the way too many R's, john had a 13x14 on it and still was getting almost 5K
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 3:11pm

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 3:18pm
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 3:35pm
Wow, that's outstanding.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 3:39pm
Say Hello to the newest member of the 50mph club!!

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 4:24pm
Jbear, Woah, stop the press here- where the heck did you get that shirt? We've got to make some midwest shirts I guess.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 5:00pm
JBear, glad to see where your loyalty lies.

Joel, if you bought this boat you could paint on any graphics you want.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 5:05pm
John never turns down freebies, Ken didn't you hook him up with the hat and shirt?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

JBear, glad to see where your loyalty lies.

I don't know what that shirt says on the back, but off the top of my head I'm guessing it might say "Hoping to pull a 5-man barefoot run like the midwest guys some day".
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I don't know what that shirt says on the back, but off the top of my head I'm guessing it might say "Hoping to pull a 5-man barefoot run like the midwest guys some day".

If that were the case, wouldnt the shirt have a Mastercraft logo on it?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 5:35pm
Tim you keep bringing up that mastercrap stuff we're going to have put a limit on your postings.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 6:03pm
The crew-reid and backfoot!

dont piss this guy off
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 6:13pm
Great pics. I'm jealous that you guys can be on the water. Thanks for the pics. Those are 2 prety sharp boats there together.

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 6:25pm
Rob did you get that motor fixed?
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 6:29pm
John nice boat and truck combo. They compliment each other with the color sceme. Glad to hear thet you are happy with the improvements , Hope to get a ride in it some day .

cograts

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Rob did you get that motor fixed?

Not fixed...replaced. Difference in fixing and replacing was about $1000. Old engine is out...just waiting for the new one to come in.

Rob
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 8:51pm
looks like you guys had a great time jbear. I amready for summer myself. Snow was crappy this your so little to no use on the sled. Warm weather is welcome anytime now.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:08pm
    WOW!!! John, I think you are going to go way past a 10 page forum!!! You probably never thought possible.
    What a day it must of been taking it for a test run as well as having a great time. The pictures MM took are great!! I have said it over and over...What a great boat!!!

Jeff...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic