NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jbears 351

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:11am
We'll get this sucker to ten pages yet!!!!

I just wanted to say it was so nice to see everybody again. JBear and MM's boats certainly rock! We have to set up a time to do that again when I don't have other commitments, otherwise I would've brought the Skier out there to play too. I would love to cruise with you guys. I'm sure that would be a gas. Oh yeah, I found out that the Gardens ski show was changed to 3:30 instead of 3 like I was first thinking. A little while longer and we would have been able to see it anyway. I would have loved to be able to go you guys to Harborside. I'm sure that was a blast too.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 2:04pm
Moj: We missed ya last time but not gonna miss a second chance. I agree, Alan's boat looks great. He generously sent me the program for mine. Everytime I look at the sandpaper, my hand begins to shake.

Eddie: Me and MM already discussed that next time (soon?) you gotta bring that bowtie out for us to see. We did have a good time at Harborside as well. Great day!

See all you guys in a few days. I am off to Ohio.

Eddie: Fitting that it was you that pushed this to 10 (!) pages. Unless MM has more pics we better let this die. Other guys here are gonna get tired of this.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:11pm
aaahhh piss on them john ... lets shoot for 12 pages.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

aaahhh piss on them john ... lets shoot for 12 pages.

Im almost out of pics from that day, but I can always post some chick picks I dont think they will mind that!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:28pm
well we'll just have to take some pictures at the boat show and photoshop john into them then.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:33pm
GLCC Nationals it is, I am all for pulling a footer or two during a race. After all that's what BFN was made to do. I think this summers outing is going to be great fun.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:46pm
87 just be fore warned i use the same prop your's should have on it and I only have a small block ford and can turn the prop at 5500+ rpm
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 7:39pm
another fun time would be barefoot figure 8s. two guys behind one boat...last man standing. Six pack of your favorite lite beer to the winner.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 7:45pm
I'm not doing a figure eight race in my boat, My brain cell count is a little hight to qualify for those types of races anyway. Love to watch them on the track but that's as close as I'm getting.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:21pm
quite impressive 79, can't comment yet on how the bfn will run with a new acme. Have to wait and see. As for figure eight races, I think I also will be staying out of those.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:34pm
87 which ACME did you order?
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 11:17pm
What a post! like 2600 views! Put a 351 together with jbear and you have a winner.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 9:19am
The barefoot figure 8 races are one boat only pulling 2 footers, more of an endurance contest for the footers then a boat race, particularly when you come back around and hit your own wakes.

Larry, I am in on the figure 8's!

I think what we need to do is have whoever wins the boat races pull a large barefoot line or better yet have the runner up running alongside with another group. A race pulling footers would also be a blast, the fastest foot run I have ever had was around 55mph, the faster you go the easier it is to stand, just don't catch a toe!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 6:15pm
yeah bring whole new meaning to a hang nail.

79 have it wrote done let me find it and get back to you. Paper is at the house and I am at work.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 6:22pm
79, the acme I believe I ordered not a 100% is the acme 1260. But will check when I get home to be sure. Bill said it should be good for upto 5200 rpms.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 7:15pm
good thing you wrote it down    did you get a 4-blade?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:51pm
nope three blade. Have to write everything down. To many number go threw my brain a day to keep them all straight. Ten or twelve different addresses a day will do that to you.

Bill at acme told me the 1260 would have no problem on the bfn. I told him I plan on upping th ponies next year and he said as long as I don't go bigger then a 5400 rpm operating cam it wont matter.

I don't really have a desire to spin a big block over 5400 on regular basis anyway. All the power you need at under 4700 hundred. But it's nice to have that extra top end.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 9:52am
I looked for info on the 1260 and couldn't find any what dia and pitch is that thing and how much cup does it have?

I still take everything Bill says with a grain of salt He wanted my to use the 540 went with a 470 and still turn 5.5K
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 10:30am
'79, the 1260 is a new 3-blade. I believe its 13x14, .105 cup. It should work nicely on the big blocks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 11:34am
is that BF a 1:1 or gear reduction unit? Tim you have the same prop as mine but have a 1.23:1 right? 12.5 x 15 .110?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 11:45am
All the BFN's are 1:1 boats- I dont think they ever matched a big block up with the 1.23.

Chris, youre close. The 470 is 12.5x15, .105 cup. I ran that most of last year, in addition to the 422 (12.5x15.5, .105 4-blade). Im going to be trying a few new props this year from both Acme and OJ.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 5:32pm
Almost 12 pages.
Tim D
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 7:50pm
    Jbear, I dont recall the boat to lean so bad when we were in it.......

Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 10:21pm
How did you do that, Tim? I know my boat always rides close to level, depending on where I put the cooler. And yes, 79 is just as big in real life as he looks in the boat. Good thing he is so mild-mannered.....

Can't believe this is 11 pages. I go away for the weekend and it coninues to grow. Glad to be back tho, to much goes on here to miss.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 10:37pm
Looks like you are down in a wave
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 11:02pm
Pat; In that pic we were idling thru one of the canals between the lakes. No waves to speak of on our lakes.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 9:07am
I made a copy of the pic, cut out the boat, enlarged it to cover the original, pasted it on top of the original and tilted it. Trying to make it lean with Chris up there in the front.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:01am
you should see my boat when I'm the only one in it and going under 10 mph, My buddy's say it's always leaning.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:02am
(referring to the boat not any passengers)
Life is Good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:20am
82 why do you have a girls name? Or are you just The DOC's bitch?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic