Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas smell in 88 nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rmcnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas smell in 88 nautique
    Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:36am
I have a 88 nautique 2001 and i noticed the other day it had a bad gas smell it has never dont this till then. The exhaust is smoking a little and has a gas smell also. I lifted the hatch and noticed there was a little bit puddle of gas under the carb. Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:57am
I'm no mechanic, but the first thing I would check is to ensure that the fuel tubing going into the carb is tight. I've had this problem on two boats where the nut on the fuel tube backed off and was leaking onto the manifold. BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 3:57pm
also check the bolts that hold the primary and secondary fuel bowls and the mounting bolts to the carb and intake, basicly 14 pls to check. 4 mount, 4 primary, 4 secondary, 2 on the fuel line, the 1" and 5/8"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by rmcnautique rmcnautique wrote:

The exhaust is smoking a little and has a gas smell also.

This would lead me to believe it's a float issue.How does it run?If there is junk in the bowl,the needle & seat could hang open causing fuel to enter the engine unmetered,resulting in black exhaust smoke & rich smell,and could overflow onto the manifold as well.May as well check that also while you're checking all the stuff the other guys mentioned.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:41pm
all good things to check may also be accelerater pump leak.

Munday
rmcnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:29am
Ya im thinkin its the gasket under the carb that needs to be replaced i will try that and see what happens
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 9:20pm
that will not leak gas but it will suck air'so you post and iggy the good advice?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic