NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 10>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 1:48pm
Ken,

Milwaukee, or Madison Wisconsin are the closest airports. I flew to Milwaukee last year. Only about a 90 mile drive if I remember. Chicago flights might be a little cheaper, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra 2 plus hours driving time, not to mention having to deal with Chicago traffic.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 1:55pm
Ken, You may find a cheap flight if you look into Southwest, they fly into Midway. Midway is certainly smaller than O'Hare and easier to get in and out of but it will add about 45 minutes to your drive up to Green since it is our South Side airport.

I usually fly Southwest to Providence when I go east. Not sure exactly where you are.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 1:56pm
OK, thanks, Brian. I'll check out the flights, car rentals and hotel/motel accommodations. I'm hoping my wife will be coming too.

Ken
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:04pm
My vote would be Milwaukee or O'hare. O'Hare will be an easy drive as long as you are not going north on 294 from 3-7PM. It becomes a total nightmare at about Willow Rd. at that time.

Milwaukee's about an hour north of me, and I'm about 30 minutes from O'Hare, so it'll add around 1.5 hours of travel time with light traffic.

EDIT: I'd also avoid Midway during this time period. Getting from south of Chicago to Wisconsin in rush hour may be enough to make Ken drive his car into the lake. Isn't 94 all under construction by Midway?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:17pm
Ken,
Last year I flew Northwest from Logan to Milwaukee. Tickets are $200-$280 and they serve homemade cookies on the flight.

I rented a car for about $35 and made it to Green Lake in just about 90 mins.

I'll probably be flying in on Friday mid-day.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:18pm
I'll search fares for O'hare and Milwaukee, Joel. I just don't want to sit in traffic for hours. I'll fly in early Friday, so that should give me time to get my rental, find my sleeping accommodations, etc.

I appreciate any input. I've never been to WI, but I've been to Detroit many times on business.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:20pm
Keith,

Did you book already? Are you flying out of Logan or Manchester? Maybe I can grab the same flight as you? The Chicago flights are low $200's.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Ken,
Last year I flew Northwest from Logan to Milwaukee. Tickets are $200-$280 and they serve homemade cookies on the flight.

I rented a car for about $35 and made it to Green Lake is just about 90 mins.

I'll probably be flying in on Friday mid-day.

-Keith

That price sounds very reasonable Keith. The more I think of it, stay away from Midway, just adds too much time to the drive.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:29pm
What time are we all breaking up on Sunday? I'm almost thinking that leaving Monday AM would be better.

Ken
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:32pm
Is anyone coming in earlier in the week than Friday? My wife and I are making a week out of this trip and may decide to pull in Weds-Thurs, esp if others are going to be around. Thanks.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:37pm
My tentative plan is to be there early- either late on Wed or sometime Thurs. Ill be sticking around Sun nite and leaving sometime Monday.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 3:46pm
That sounds like a good plan, Tim. I will more than likely leave on Monday AM. This way I can enjoy the entire day on Sunday.

I wouldn't mind pitching a tent, but I like my little creature comforts too. I need to nail something down soon, or fear seeing 79's backside

Ken
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 4:06pm
Reid, MM, Tim & anyone else coming thru Chicago,

Although GL is quite a ways off perhaps you guys would want to do a stop off in the Chicagoland area Thursday on the way up, we could ski my lake or cruise the chain of lakes nearby, Blarneys Island for the Thursday Night Boat races or whatever. GL is about 2.5 hrs from my house.

At the moment my plan is to head North to GL Fri AM however I am open for anything.

Looking forward to it!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 4:31pm
Quinner, that might be a good option to break up the drive a bit. Its still a ways off so I dont know when Im leaving or whos coming with me- but Ill definitely keep that offer in mind. Sounds like a cool diversion.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 4:43pm
I was thinking of getting to GL on weds nite or thurs, and I was thinking about going around chicago b/c I did not want to get, mugged, raped, shot,or camper jacked, but your lake sounds cool, I cant pa$$ up a good boat race..
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Is anyone coming in earlier in the week than Friday? My wife and I are making a week out of this trip and may decide to pull in Weds-Thurs, esp if others are going to be around. Thanks.

We're going to be there Thursday...mid to late afternoon. I think 81 Nautique and a couple of others mentioned that as well.

Rob
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 5:36pm
If we have a large group hanging through Sunday, we can certainly organize something else to do as a group, (or dry out in the cove like a few of us did last year haha).. I'll be there from Tursday night through the next week..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 5:56pm
We're good for thursday am too. Staying over thru sunday night.

Last year we had a campfire going thursday night and we did some steaks and sweet corn with a bunch of folks that came in early. That was pretty cool and I'm sure that's what we'll do this year so just pack some steaks and we're on.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:04pm
Quinner, I as well will probably take you up on a visit. While taking such a long trip, multiple destinations make it all the more worth while. BKH posted on the camping thread that he might be up for making it a longer trip as well. And then Alan we'll see you around the fire.

In regards to alternatve accomodations if Ken and others are still looking, I spoke to a super nice guy this afternoon named Dan from Fox Valley RV rentals in Appleton, WI which isn't too far away. He's still got ample pop-up and motorhome rentals available. He grew up on Green Lake and his parents are retired there. He said it was very possible that he could even deliver a unit or two to the Lake. Anyone interested can reach him at http://www.foxvalleyrv.com/, or 920-303-2741. BKH (Brian), you can fly in and catch a ride to pick up a nice motorhome for the week. And I'd be up for hitting the Merc plant and Harley plant you mentioned.

I was also told that Lake Winnebago was a nice visit for boaters if time allowed.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:20pm
Look at all the activity this site has had in the last few days. I smell spring fever!!!

Could I ask all to get registered as soon as possible please. I'm off on the fund raising trail this weekend and it really makes a great impression when I can show the sign up page to potential sponsors. Thanks
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

I was thinking of getting to GL on weds nite or thurs, and I was thinking about going around chicago b/c I did not want to get, mugged, raped, shot,or camper jacked, but your lake sounds cool, I cant pa$$ up a good boat race..

No worries, there are a couple ways to head north without going thru the city, us local guy's will make sure everyone knows the fastest and safest route when the time comes.

Now the well being of your cooler once in GL is another subject, if it contains Bud or Coors Light there is nowhere it will be safe!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Now the well being of your cooler once in GL is another subject, if it contains Bud or Coors Light there is nowhere it will be safe!
[/QUOTE]

So I guess that means Reids wine coolers are safe!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 10:20pm
I'm thinking I might be bringing a keg,....of wine cooler. I really do want to buy a kegerator which probably some of you guys already have. Then I'll be setting up bar at campsite 27.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 10:45pm
Now your talking, are you going to put that in your boat?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:32pm

Reid, We're also planning on getting there Thurs afternoon..there were actually quite a few that showed up last year that day...

We had picked up some of the years first sweetcorn at a roadside stand on the way up and roasted it in 81's campfire....did some steaks ..a little beer... MAN... is it July yet?

btw, .....what boat you bringing?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:54pm
Steve; You guys will have a great time with our Southern representitives (sp?) ReidP and MM and his brother Keith. A real treat for you if Blondie comes along. Wish I could make it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 7:05am
I will try to get there Thursday night, of course, as we get closer to the date things could change. I reserved my room for Thurs - Sat nights.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:55am
jbear, I don't think MM and Keith are really Southerners, are they, or just from a latitude standpoint. But they sure are hospitable.

Steve, based on quinner's invite, and if it works with him, I might try to be at his place Weds and then head on into GL on Thurs for steak/corn nite as well. But then I'll miss the Thurs nite boat races quinner mentioned. Chris, just what are these races?
Not sure what boat we're bringing. Wanted to bring something small and fast but we may have 4 people and 2 good-size dogs, which crowds a Mustang 16. We're currently trying to put an old Nautique back together, but after running my mouth for the last month, it'd better run good no matter what it is.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:00am
know what you mean about running ggod, I still need to install the new heads, intake, and exhaust then I have to curve the distributor as well and maybe rejet the carb again.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:14am

But then I'll miss the Thurs nite boat races quinner mentioned. Chris, just what are these races?

We have a large chain of lakes here (the Fox chain). One of the lakes has a bar on an island called Blarney's island which is outrageously popular in the summers. They host boat races every Thursday night at that bar.

Blarney's Island

The Boat Races
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 10>
  Share Topic