NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:27am
Hey Reid and others,

Blarney Island on the Chain of Lakes has boat races every Thursday night starting at 6pm, they run several classes of boats from outboards to Blown Alcohol. We could cruise/ski the Chain on Thursday and hit the road North that afternoon/evening or whatever works for everybody. Another option if you guys make it up by Weds afternoon would be going to see the Aquanuts Water Show, Hollywood will be skiing with the team this year. The Aquanuts Wed night show starts at 6pm.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 10:03am
Reid,
Blarney's has been an icon for decades.. The only problem is you usually can't stand straight let alone drive after.. The women are hot,bands are cook'n but the traffic on the water is unreal crazy... and the DNR is everwhere out there...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 10:28am
OK, severe change in plans. I've read up and I'll be at Blarney's (KeyWest of the MidWest)on June 7th, opening day of boat racing. I'm signed up for the "Lake Racer Inboard" class. Just need to see about moving my gas tank(s) to the side(??) Please come find me when it's time to head to GL, as I will have lost track of everything. Look for the skinny bald guy and/or the only one trying to race a Correct Craft.

This is gonna take some thought and planning. Really neat looking place.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 11:01am
do we really have to move the tanks? I read the rules, but thought I could get away with the edelbrock exhaust and the tank being in stock position, Not worried about the heads they look stock.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 3:29pm
Drop in some phoney tanks to pass the "visual" inspection. I've never been to these boat races, this will be fun.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Drop in some phoney tanks to pass the "visual" inspection. I've never been to these boat races, this will be fun.

The broads on the island are better !!!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 4:37pm
Last summer we almost jumped on the fairy to just head out there and check it out, never happened though. I've heard good things, will remember to bring my sunglasses.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 4:43pm

Last summer we almost jumped on the fairy to just head out there and check it out, never happened though. I've heard good things, will remember to bring my sunglasses.

Hollywood,

Do you like jumping on fairies? I ride the ferry to get to a destination. Just keeping it real, my friend.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:09pm
with the plaid shorts and pink top I bet a couple of fairy's have jumped on you Ken wearing that hot outfit.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

with the plaid shorts and pink top I bet a couple of fairy's have jumped on you Ken wearing that hot outfit.

Just don't wear your chaps to GL, Chris. I might bring back my plaid shorts though. I'm packing my 80's, pink and green wetsuit for the yuck of it. My mullet should be grown in by then!

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:36pm
Can you two please save the pillow talk for your suite at the Bayview please?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:42pm
but he gets me so excited kevin i just cann't wait and have to talk about it.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:52pm
yeah..That place looks cool, what hell is with the side mount tanks, reid, give them a call and see if you can get us in the race!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 6:03pm

Wow, please don't think you can take advantage of me, Chris. You must be hammered after a few Coors lights, so I'll watch my back. I'll show you how to hold your liquor, young man.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 6:06pm

Can you two please save the pillow talk for your suite at the Bayview please?

You have to egg Chris on, don't you Kevin. No pillow talk here.

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Wow, please don't think you can take advantage of me, Chris. You must be hammered after a few Coors lights, so I'll watch my back. I'll show you how to hold your liquor, young man.

Ken

I hold my liquor by the ears!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

yeah..That place looks cool, what hell is with the side mount tanks, reid, give them a call and see if you can get us in the race!!

I don't know about that Chris and Mark. But I guess I've been more embarrassed before without having near as much fun. We may be better off reserving our sparring for GL Friday AM. But I am NOT one to just sit around and watch. Sometimes I can't tell when you guys are serious or not. That's half the fun, I guess.

However, it's easy to tell that Chris and Ken are serious when on the non-boat topic.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:15pm
please reid, Ken and i just like to spar homophob (sp) crap.

Ken you really think you can out drink me? doubt it unless you think you can kill a case and half of bud heavies in a day and still walk through in a couple of shots too. Your talking too a professional here not some f**king wanta be, And what's up with this young man bullsh*t hell I bet I got five years on you.

Do you remember watching Neil Armstrong stepping foot on the moon? I do, can even tell you exactly where I watched it at too.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:35pm
Chris, the sparring I was referring to was the boat racing at Blarney's with you and MM! I know you guys are OK with the other stuff.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:38pm
sorry didn't reid things correctly reid.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:39pm
reid..I hope you get your Hi-teks drop shipped to you in time, and dont forget the NOS! my boat is bone stock!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:45pm
both you guys better hope I don't show up with all the new bolt on parts installed and the dist curved, Mark your screwed with out them and reid has a little advantage because he likes those small boats.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 9:55pm
He likes those small boats b/c when he sits on a pillow, he can see over the dash!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 10:25pm
I remember Armstrong stepping on the moon slightly . I think I was at my great grandmas or great aunts house sitting on the floor.
Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 10:27pm
Pat I was sitting on the floor over at my Great grandparents house, watched the lift off over there as well.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:04am
Are there any more spots left to sign up for the Adam Wensink clinic?

Ken
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:38am
Ken,
The Wake Board instructions are open to anyone right now.. We are waiting to announce how this limited number of people can get involved and how the drawing of names etc will happen based on interest level.. As we get closer we'll let ya know..

Thanks
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 8:52am
Thanks for the update, Moj'.

Ken
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 10:38pm
MM, I'm OK with the small boats because I have a huge.........ski. Besides I'm 5',9-5/8" tall, this year.   And I doubt your boat is bone stock. And if it is, then you're getting the next set of "P" heads. I need another excuse to come South to watch some guys work. Bringing a cam this time though. Assemble the team.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 12:10am
Im just talking sh#t somebody needs to! I know my boat is not as fast as yours, but my brother and I have a few more small tweaks we are going to do before GL, It will running about 55 or 56! I want to put new heads and a roller cam in it, but Im going to put the money into the cosmetics with a new paint job and some other things, so the big motor mods will have to wait till next fall!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
  Share Topic