NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reason to love michigan

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reason to love michigan
    Posted: February-22-2007 at 1:12pm

These pics as you can tell took place with in just over a month of each other. That is why I love Michigan. The temp the day we were skiing was 40 degrees the water temp was 45 degrees. Lucky for me and my brother the sport had a hot/cold shower. Warmed the wet suite up with the hto water and jumped in. As you can see the pa$$angers are whinps they were wearing coats. Temp in the snowmobile pics was 10 degrees. Although we were in the UP we were still in michigan. Just go to show how far I am willing to go for a ski ride.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 1:14pm
Best of both worlds.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 1:17pm
your exactly right. The sleds and the snow are the only reason I don't mind putting the boat up for a few months.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:13pm
I have never been on a snowmobile. I bet they are fun.
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:38pm
very fun, best part is when you get the needle to bury at over 130mph. But after you do that it's ahrd to ride at any speed less then 70. Seems like your standing still.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 6:53pm
I had now idea, they were so fast!
Scott
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by scott8370 scott8370 wrote:

I have never been on a snowmobile. I bet they are fun.

Don't get on one unless you want to buy one.Once you're hooked you can't go without.Precisely the reason I won't migrate south.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:29pm
87BFN
Grew up in Detroit,our family cottage is still in Fenton, ski in the summer race cars on US 23 on the sled in the winter.We flat tracked on a frozen Lake St Clare with screws in the knobbies of our dirt bikes.
Man those were the daze,the older I get-the better I was!    
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:47pm
Waterdog lake Fenton or Silver Lake?

I know where both are. My great grandparent's lived on Lake Fenton for a long time.

05 210 is right don't ride one unless you want to buy one. They are great, especially when you can go in a group. My dad, my brother, and I usually go every year. Not enough snow this year so we stayed home.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 8:19am
Yeah, that's the problem with Ohio. We don't usually don't get much snow here. (South Ohio)
Scott
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 8:41am
Yeah, its right up there with Ohio, I know why i got 3 kids....ohio winters
   Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 12:13pm
87BFN
Fenton is the mailing address.Bryon Lake in Lindon Mi.It's a small (1 mile) long lake.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 1:33pm
My new helmet arrived yesterday. Hoping to use it next weekend. Lots of snow in the UP, but I'm not sure if my crew has time to drive that far.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 10:05pm
Waterdog I still now where that lake is also. Do you goto silver spray at all?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic