Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pylon base

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
squibb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pylon base
    Posted: February-22-2007 at 11:23pm
I just mistakenly bought a second-hand pylon out of a 1988 ski nautique, wanting to install it into a 1986. Unfortunately, this pylon is solid at the base and would fit into a cup style instead of the pin-key combination that I have.

Has anybody converted to the newer style base? How does the pin-key base attach to the hull?

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 5:28am
Squibb, You may want to consider taking the pylon to a metal fab / machine shop and talk to them about modifying it rather than doing the base that's on the boat. I'm just thinking that it may be easier. Take a picture with you so they know what's involved. If you go that route, I'm sure they will then need a few measurments.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 10:44am
the years are not matching up didn't they switch to a solid base in '81.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 6:45pm
No, my 82 has the smaller pin which sticks out of the bottom of the pylon. BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 8:52pm
do you have the aluminum engine cradle that claps around the pylon? can't remember where there was a cup and pin or not.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2007 at 9:03pm
Not sure if you're asking me, or Squib. The 82 does have the aluminum cradle. Pylon goes throgh the floor, through the cradle, and the pin at the bottom of the pylon sits in a female fibergla$$ed into the floor. The female itself is small (smaller than the diameter of the main pylon). There is a small bolt which goes through the floor pin a$$embly, and 4 bolts which clamp the aluminum cradle to the full diameter portion of the pylon. BKH
Livin' the Dream

squibb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 12:22am
Thanks guys for all the input.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 3:22pm
Sounds like all you need to do is remove the bolt going through the female cup in the hull, then slide it back through once you drop the pylon in place.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic