NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steering questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 7:10pm
Ryan, I will be sick of buffing when I'm done. Feel free to stop by and "practice" on my boat.

Your boat would look real nice if you buffed it out. Really bring out that charcoal and "raspberry" color.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 7:43pm
lol................thats my next thing to do, and sand my platform....and steam clean my carpets, then im on cruise control
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 7:43pm
randy-did you wet sand it/
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 7:49pm
yes, I had to wet sand it to get rid of the oxidation and scratches. a lot of work.... and I still have a lot more to do...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 10:06pm
hmmm i might sub contract this one out.......im wondering what it cost me...im guessing 200....might me worth it, since im a lil light on the power tools compressors etc.......plusi dont have a clue on what to do!...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 12:53pm
Ryan, average pricing for wet sand and buff is $15.00 to $20.00 per foot, but if you'll do them for $200.00 I'll line em up for ya.
If i had to pick the very worst thing about boats, wet sand and buff is up there on the list
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 12:55pm
Randy, you probably have that front cushion broke in already and gone through a couple of garage light bulbs lol   eric

I need to know if you make motor sounds when your sitting there for hours dreaming
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 10:55pm
wow-on a second note ill do it myself.....20 a footx20 feet comes to around 400..yea ill do it thyself...eric how longs it take?.....8-10 hours
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 1:28am
Eric, is that per boat length or actual area covered (sq. feet)? that seems rather cheap. I would have paid $400 to have this done. I had a lot of scratches that needed individual attention. It was pretty bad. It's a lot of work but it looks 1000% better than it did.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 7:46am
Ryan, It's lot of work dude. A pro might have it done in a couple days but I spent 2 weekends on mine front to back, sides and top. I think when it's your own boat you tend to be a little more of a perfectionist too so it takes longer. You need some tunes or a ballgame, nascar race on and a few beers then get to it. Heck you got basketball on for the next three weeks get after it man.

And no LOOSE clothing working with the buffer unless you have a camera to post pics later
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 10:44am
Ryan has tunes!

Ryan, you could probably just crank up the bass in that thing and hold the paper against the boat!

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 11:00am
thought you guys where going to post some pictures of the new tunes and the install?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 11:29am
79 my computers old so i havent installed the software for my wifes new digi...sorry guys
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 11:37am
that blows, sure we'll see them in due time.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 6:23pm
yes we will, im gonna be purchasing a new pc here soon so the time will come soon
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 6:47pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 6:48pm
I snapped a shot of you 2 when you were'nt watching, are those orbs? the one showing his ass is Randy, the other guy kneeling is Ryan
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2007 at 8:08pm
we got orbs...........geez im really losing the hair.......hey eric do you even think my boat needs wet sanded?..the more i look at it the more im thinking i dont have to(or is it the intense labor and hours invloved making me think this way)...all honestly?..too bad you didnt get to hear it.....ill stop up one day let you take at look at the finished product and maybe snap a few more pics to show the install....very very happy with it...
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 1:05am
Originally posted by ryanandrews ryanandrews wrote:

we got orbs...........geez im really losing the hair.......hey eric do you even think my boat needs wet sanded?..the more i look at it the more im thinking i dont have to(or is it the intense labor and hours invloved making me think this way)...all honestly?..too bad you didnt get to hear it.....ill stop up one day let you take at look at the finished product and maybe snap a few more pics to show the install....very very happy with it...

Take a page from the hot rod book and call it "patina" then there is no need to wet sand and buff and polish.
Bob Ed
83 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 1:37am
Ryan, some good rubbing compound with a wool pad on a high speed buffer would probably take care of it. Follow up with some finishing glaze on a foam pad and apply some wax probably make it look real nice.

I spent 6 hours today on a 4 foot section. The finished product looks fantastic. I had a lot of scratches... got the kids to help by spraying water while I sanded

If you want to come out to North Canton I will show you what I've learned, I have two sanding blocks!

I'm going to work on it again tomorrow, supposed to be nice outside.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 8:41am
the top deck doesn't look to bad you can see alittle shine in he pictures the red looks a little oxidized but what who's doesn't. Like randy said maybe a good buff and polish will clean it up.

Isn't randy suppost to be with shut-up, like " shut up randy", Too much Bob and Tom's   Donny Baker I guess
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 9:33am
take randy up on his offer, i would wet sand the spots that need it, thats all, and go to town with a buffer.
I would offer but i had a bad experience with a out of control buffer once, i guess its a buffer phobia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:03am
79, thats not red. I thought the same thing when I seen it. Ryan explained it's "raspberry".
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:04am
you guys give me a list of materials to buy and ill buy them, having access to a high end buffer...eric- ithink randy means one block for him and one for me on his boat..not feeling to well today randy.lol...so im gonna skip out..but i do indeed owe you both a favor, but im bailing on this one.........im getting wet sand phobia!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:28am
material list:
4 cases of beer
2 bags of ice
2 pizza's
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:43am
allright when you want to do it!!!lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 4:52pm
the beer is to help me forget what a pita it is to buff boats....every job needs a supervisor in this case i qaulify

eric
Boardboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boardboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2009 at 8:19pm
Could use some help on steering problem. Was driving the boat (1999 Super Air V-drive) and suddenly lost the ability to turn right. Steering wheel will make rudder turn left by pushing cable out but won't pull it in to go right.Steering has never been stiff or binding.
I disconnected the cable from the tiller arm and I can move the cable in and out with my hand but the wheel will not make it go right when connected. The rudder moves freely by hand. Made a visual inspection of the cable teeth and the wheel teeth and they looked okay. I understand the replacement cable is a correct craft 5201(19.5 ft.cable) which is on back-order from correct craft (teleflex). I was also told by a correct dealer that they just did a repair and they used a 20ft. cable.
Do I need a new cable and can I use a 20ft. cable?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2009 at 9:58pm
Karl,
If the helm and cable end looks good and the cable will push out but not pull back in, then I'd have to say the cable is broken internally.

Why was the 20' put on when it calls for the odd length (and by the way longer stroke) 19'6" is called for?

Yes, the CC part is needed for proper steering.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Boardboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boardboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2009 at 10:11pm
Currently, the 19'6 correct craft cable is on back -order from Teleflex (who makes this custon cable for them)because they are moving their plant. Correct craft is out of stock now.
So the Correct craft dealer used the 20ft and said it works. I would think it would effect the turning radius.
Do you know where I can get the 19'6?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic