NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spring - 22 days away!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring - 22 days away!!!!
    Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:16am
We're almost out of the woods now. We can finally start discussing pulling our boats of of storage (the majority of us). Discussions of cranking over the engine for the first time. Firing up our newly purchasesd Correct Craft. A$$isting others with working the demons out of the boat. Project boats hitting the water for the first time. The first ski of the season. Looking forward to the 2007 season. Let me be the first to say, I wish everyone a fun-filled season, be safe and continue to post the great stories and pics!

Ken

From this:

To this:

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:50am
yeah, this time of year your wondering if the wifes knocked up, what the easyiest way to go, in bed by 10:00. its f-in grueling
JK about the easiest,
there's nothing better than seeing those buds pop on the tree's
JK about the wife to I took care of that 3 years ago
"the things you own will start to own you"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 2:18pm
The guy from the first picture has it all figured out. No messing around with winterizing, storage, de-winterizing. Maybe I'll try that next year.

Thanks for the optimistic note Ken. Hard not to think about it lately. What with the boat show and seeing Jbear's test drive. Historically my boat has been undercover for the winter, but since I have the Tique at home in the garage this year, every time I go down for a screw driver or something, I get to see how shes doing. Nice to see it, but makes me wish for spring all the more.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:00pm
Yes spring would be nice, by the way Eric I hope your talking to the BFN every once and awhile. If not it might lonely. Just let it know it's coming home when your done fixing it up. My garage misses it too. The wife doesn't she is enjoying parking inside with out worring about the boat having enough space.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:00pm
I really feel for you guys. Seriously. It is pretty cool not having to winterize. And I guess it is easy to see how much fun we've had down here the past 2 weekends. Sure been great for me anyhow.

Larry: Did you notice that the shirt got a mention? Thanks again.

Ken: There you go with the plaid again!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Larry: Did you notice that the shirt got a mention? Thanks again.

john

I was amused that it got noticed and started a little fussing on the part of the midwest guys. Guess they had better step up, now. I was a little amused about the speculation of what was on the back...but you know, I don't remember seeing any pics of 5 at once, four maybe, but not 5. Maybe his memory was a little clouded.   NAH!! Not the PLBC guys!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:08pm
Might have been a little confusion due to alcohol consumption. Nahhh....not the PLBC guys.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 7:30pm
with all the guys here on this site that can foot. What is the record number of footers behind one boat? I bet we could top it at GL.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

with all the guys here on this site that can foot. What is the record number of footers behind one boat? I bet we could top it at GL.

Just need to find the right tow vehicle and we could probably pull it off

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 4:47pm

We'll give the Barefoot Nautique a try at GL! You've got the 454 and the perfect hull. I'm in.

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:05pm
Don't forget to bring some kick skis, getting up on double skis will really help. Behind a 454 BFN I'd expect 6-7 easy. Double booms would be in order I don't want to tear the guy's brand new floor out. Quinner will probably bring his training wheels kneeboard also. I'm down for a 4 man deep attempt as well, and keep going up from there till we can't plane.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:15pm
If I make it up there I'll pring the small prop or borrow someones 540 and pull you guy's.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:31pm
I'm bringing the official CCF.com drop ski that Larry (75Tique) donated. I just need to fix it up a little. Break out the hot pink paint!! This way, it's easier to find as Brad, Tim and I had issues last year.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 5:40pm
Well the PBLC crew started with 4 on a deep up. Don't see why the BFN wouldn't handle 4 or more. If someone brings the spreader bars I would be more then happy to through them on so we can put as many as we can behind it.

Yes the 454 should be running very well by then. New exhaust manifolds, fresh tune up, new distributor, and new coil. All the parts with exception of the manifolds are sitting in the garage waiting for the boat to come home.
CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 7:14pm
Can someone tell me when this will all end. I am about to loose my son and then my boat to this white stuff. At this rate I will not see water until June.
CCrider89
Boating in the northern Adirondacks
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 7:56pm
SE Wisconsin is still a bit frosty at the moment.

This guy was stuck on the ice in a few feet of snow. Unfortunately, I did not stick around to see if he got unstuck.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:08pm
well he wouldn't have gotten stuck he would have used the plow the right way. That is scary anytime you see cars on the ice. Some people forget cars radiate heat when they sit and that is when they tend to fall through.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:13pm

well he wouldn't have gotten stuck he would have used the plow the right way. That is scary anytime you see cars on the ice. Some people forget cars radiate heat when they sit and that is when they tend to fall through.

Its been so cold up here that even the heat of a big block stands no chance!!! Highs in the teens tomorrow... Are we in March???

Jeff...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:34pm
Our lake is finally cleared of ice. I ran the old girl about 30 minutes today. Missouri is warming up. And, opening day is only 27 days, 18 hours and 42, 41, 40, 39 seconds away!

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 9:11pm
Chuck; I am goin' to 2 games this weekend and will probably use the boat as well. Wanna join me?

john

ps: I gaurentee a good time.
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:00pm
Jeff I am sure lake is very thick, but I just worry about the people that just take their cars out on ice and say we did it last week end should still be ok after it's been 40 degrees the whole past week. People tend to forget and that's how people get hurt. I am all for having fun and doing things you should, but you'll never see my car or truck on the ice. Sled yes but I check the ice thickness before I do that even.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:13pm
You're hurting me Jbear, I'd love to be there. I've got a gang of 6 going to opening day. Myself, the two youngest sons, Ethan, and two friends will be joining us for opening day!
Plenty of tail gaiting in store. Lot's of baseball talk going on here in KC.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:26pm
Opening Day! What a thrill every year. And best of all, the people you get to share it with. Now I am the one that is jealous.

Should be lots of baseball talk there. You guys had a very good off-season.

Sure did miss our Saturday nite get-together. But I think you know I was in Ohio. It snowed, 4in, was terrible. But the air at night did feel real good, as a good friend of mine once said! Was glad to get home!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 7:08am
Here's us skiing 3/6/05 in Chicago. Doesn't look like that's happening this year, unfortunately.

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 8:55am

...If someone brings the spreader bars ...

What are spreader bars? is this something that might help me and my buddy from plowing into one another when we try doubles?

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic