Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I know it’s a marine part

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I know it’s a marine part
    Posted: February-27-2007 at 7:43pm
How can I tell if the PO replaced accessories in fuel and electrical systems with marine parts and not automotive?   Farmer
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 7:59pm
the fuel pump easy, does it have a clear vent line attached to the pump and runs up to the carb? or a extra fitting like a 1/4-3/16 in size. The other stuff is a little harder to tell can you post any pictures. On the alternator, you shouldn't see any open areas into the stator if you do it's auto, the carb should have j-tubes on the bowl vents and some otherthings that are harder to see without taking it apart. The distributor is the hardest and you'll need to run the model number to check, put if you can find the vents on the base you have to look at the screen that's in it and see if it's a single layer or multiple layer screen, or pull the cap and if you can see daylite thru it then it's auto as well.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 8:34pm
Thanks.I'll check when the snow melts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic