Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aluminium Exhaust Manifolds LM 318

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aluminium Exhaust Manifolds LM 318
    Posted: March-07-2007 at 8:04am
Looking for a set of Nicson or other brand Aluminium Exhaust manifolds for a 1968 Chrysler LM318. I've never seen a set but they are rumoured to have been manufactured . Rough condition is OK, I may be able to repair. Any leads are apprieciated. Thanks, Jim B.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2007 at 6:56pm
Jim , still time to jump onboard with the Hi Teks, group buy.Will wire the money to Allen tom.
TRBenj SBF are finished
87BFN have been started
my set will prob. be last
Reidp you come after me
barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2007 at 4:41pm
Thanks Dr., they sound great but I would rather stick with period aftermarket parts if possible. Just out of curiosity,do you still have the old 3h trailer ? I am looking for an original Correct Craft trailer for my Barracuda. Thanks ,JimB.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2007 at 4:52pm
Jim, still have the old girl,did you get any L x W x H to determine what i have,it was under my '64 American Skier.
I will not put her back on it, am in the process of building an alm. w/torsion axles.
Will be too cool,all alm. and no springs,fitting for a cool boat......boat dr
barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 5:16am
Dr., is the trailer you have an original Correct craft, and did it fit the Skier right? Skiers are 16' and the Cuda is 17' if I remember right, should be a close fit. The alum trailer sounds great, I'd like to have one myself but would rather have an original type under this particular boat. What sort of condition is it in? Thanks ,Jim B.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 7:48am
Jim, it is not "cherry" but all original.Paint ,fenders, tires all in very good shape.I don't have the bow stop, and this one does not have the prop guard.
Yes it fit properly.Been around boats and trailers a long time,C/C may build the best engineered ski boat ever, but they don't have a clue about trailers........boat dr
call if need be.1-318-386-2825
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 10:22pm
Guys,
Correct Craft recommended a larger trailer for the Barracuda compared to that used under a Mustang/Am Skier, etc. The Cuda weighed about 50% more than the 16s and more even than the SNs of the day. It's amazing all the info we can sponge from the Ref Sect.

Barr68, I've been on the hunt for a neat old Chrysler SB alum manifold as well with no luck. I just know someone had to have made some over the years with as many Mopar marine engines as are/were out there.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2007 at 7:55am
ReidP, Thanks for the info on the trailer, and Dr., I guess the trailer you have wo'nt work (but thanks for the offer of help). I agree Reid, some company must have made manifolds for these engines somewhere along the way. I was also considering cutting up some old alum.chevy manifolds,welding and machining them ,then polishing them to fit the 318. Alot of work ,but ,worth it to dump the weight of the cast manifolds.As we discussed before,I plan on doing a rebuild of my 318 next winter.Maybe by then we will have found some type of manifolds we can use on our Chryslers, I'll keep you informed if I find simething. Thanks again,Jim B.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic