NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intercepter timing cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intercepter timing cover
    Posted: March-11-2007 at 9:03pm
Found Intercepter alum. timing cover on E Bay.Have never seen one like this,the org.H/M motor used a metal block off plate,no circulating pump on motor,and a y-pipe to feed each head. Raw water pump mounted to the crank,lovejoy coupling.
this cover has water inlet/outlet for each head,and a hole in the center,w/triangle bolt pattern ,directly in front of cam gear. What goes in this hole, and how is it plumbed.
I want to remove the cast iron timing cover and circulating pump,will clean up the front of the motor and save some weight............help me out guys,pics would be a plus..............boat dr
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 6:25am
If your running that overpumped five-o I would suggest keeping the circ pump to reduce the severity of hot spots, provide more even temp control and thus less block deformity, which can compromise ring seal and engine life.

Al front covers and circ pumps are always available from Jegs or Summit.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 9:36am
Boat Rx, That cover is just like the one I am going to use on my 302 to 351 change, The "hole" in the center is where the Tach drive was, it was cable driven from the factory. Its plumbed like you descirbed above, with the exception that the "Y" pipe is made into this type of cover. My H/M did not have a lovejoy coupled raw pump, but I have seen that set up, Mine is belt drive mounted low under the right side of the balancer.
NO LONGER A MEMBER
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 10:57am
Todd, can you zap me a pic or two of the set up you have,I know it is different than the H/M that uses the Y-Pipe to flow to each head.Pictures are worth , well you know.
Doe's the raw water supply tee to supply both heads,And what about thermostat housing.I know it can't be used ,too many hoses,what goes in its place?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 11:49am
I don't have any pics of mine as its not together yet, I am just starting my project. The 302 has been out for some time. Here's a pic that I got off the Diaries Section as well as the one you found on e-bay,
NO LONGER A MEMBER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 11:52am
Same belt in the above pic drives the RWP and the ALT. Hoses come from T-Stat housing into each exaust manifod, RWP is in lower right of photo
NO LONGER A MEMBER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic