NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boat repair for a 1974 mustang 302

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
laoboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat repair for a 1974 mustang 302
    Posted: March-12-2007 at 10:43am
Hi, can anyone help me find a boat shop that will repair my 1974 cc. I have a Mustang 302 engine. I am finding that many shops will not work on anything older than a 1980. I am in Georgia in the metro Atlanta area and would like to find a dependable trustworthy mechanic.      Please Help! Thanks, Lisa.
Lisa
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:26pm
If I take one of mine to the shop, I use Watersports Central over on Holiday Road. They used to be the CC dealer, but switched to MC. I just still like their service. I am not sure if they can help you or not, but you might give them a call.

Watersports Central
Greg

86 BFN
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 9:24pm
    Is your engine a OMC 225??

Jeff...
laoboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 7:23am
I think P C M    Lisa
Lisa
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 7:41am
well it's a ford 305 dictributor in the front, or chevy 302/307 with the distributor in the rear. don't believe anyone made a 301
laoboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 9:29am
Sorry, It's a 302. As you can tell I don't know anything about engines that's why I need a good dependable recomendation for a mechanic.   Thanks you, Lisa
Lisa
laoboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 9:31am
Originally posted by laoboy laoboy wrote:

Hi, can anyone help me find a boat shop that will repair my 1974 cc. I have a Mustang 302 engine. I am finding that many shops will not work on anything older than a 1980. I am in Georgia in the metro Atlanta area and would like to find a dependable trustworthy mechanic.      Please Help! Thanks, Lisa.
Lisa
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 9:50am
Lisa, You may want to look at shops that are more racing oriented because most, just like some of the guys on this site are really into engines. By that I mean they know all the details that are required to make a rebuild a good one. They may be more expensive but you want it to last too. Age of the engine with these shops shouln't be a issue, infact some may even enjoy getting into a older project.Who ever you find, make sure they rebuild for unleaded gas but any good shop will.

You haven't said what's wrong with it so I'm assuming due to it's age that it needs a rebuild.

Also someone here will probably come up with a name of a shop so be patient

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic