Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6 volt to 12 volt upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
curbsidegold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curbsidegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 volt to 12 volt upgrade
    Posted: December-30-2003 at 1:44am
I recently purchased a (new to me) complete Greymarine 4-75 for my '49 Junior Utility. It purrs like a kitten! The starter is stamped "CONV 12v". I believe my CC originally operated on a Grey Phantom 75 6 volt system. I would appreciate any ideas as to modifications needed to make the 12v system compatible with current Greymarine gauges (temp, amps, etc.) and ignition switch. Thanks.   
sm
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2003 at 2:19am
search the vintage car / gauge restorer sights. would a simple ballast resistor get you down to the proper voltage at the dash?

are the gauges mechanical ( temp, tach and oil )? check the coil rating.your ign switch is okay, but all bulbs must match if you are going out at dusk.

graymarine is now teledyne and parts are still available.

my volkwagen 6 volt starter would sing on 12 volts, but the wipers where at little out of control.lol
curbsidegold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curbsidegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2004 at 12:17am
Thanks
sm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic