Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Vibes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skibama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Vibes
    Posted: March-18-2007 at 9:42am
I have an '89 BFN.It has vibration that begins at about 40 to 45 mph and goes beyond.I have noticed that on inspection the prop has a very small amount of slack movement.Could it be that it was not pressed on far enough or is there supposed to be a spacer inbetween the prop and nut to absorb this.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 10:18am
i dont think your prop should have any play..i know on my 94 it has zero
skibama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 10:51am
It has a very small amount of play.When I originally found it I took off nut and washer but the prop was tight to and fro but had that slight side to side wiggle which I guess after saying that could be a sign of a worn key.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 12:11pm
The key may be positioned wrong not allowing the prop to seat properly on the taper. It should tight. The only other problem that may cause this is a warn taper on the prop and or shaft. This is only caused by the prop being loose for a long time. Take it off and see how it fits without the key. The key is there not to tighten the prop to the shaft but for the tranmission of torque to the prop. In therory the key isn't even required with a good fitting taper.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skibama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2007 at 8:10pm
I really do appreciate the info fella's I'll pull the prop tommorow and I'm sure I'll find the problem
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 6:14pm
any pics of your boat? What did you find when you removed the key?
skibama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 6:00pm
Haven't had time yet,but I'll let you know when I do.I'm having trouble uploading pics so when I figure this out I'll post them.The image upload is telling me the image is to big
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 6:17pm
Skibama,

There is a 32kb size limit using the upload feature on this site. pretty small.

try using photobucket.com or some other hosting site.

look at my post How to post pics using Photobucket
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic