NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interceptor Tech Manuals - 60s

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2007 at 12:46pm
Bruce, Reid, Pete- regardless of it's applicability to my new project...I'd love to see the manual up in the reference section.
If you wouldn't mind lending out a copy I'll see that it gets scanned and posted.
If you're game, please email me so I can provide a mailing address.
-Brad
brad_harper@charter.net
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2007 at 8:39pm
Brad, I can either lend you or scan my copy in. I also have a 225 hp Chrysler manual if anyones interested in having that posted.

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2007 at 9:48pm
Bruce, They would both make great additions to the reference section.

I'll check with Keith, but you could probably just ftp them up where you put the reunion photos and he can grab the files from there.

Thanks!
-Brad

darren gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 9:56pm
hello my name is darren would love 2 have a set of yor manuals. im a newbie 2 all of this, so not sure what 2 do next. please help. thanks darren
darren l gardner
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 10:03pm
Darren, welcome aboard. You will find lottsa info and a helping hand here .
As far as step #2 wait and you will receive.Most of us are not real keen on the TEXT MESSAGE LINGO, so please type as best you can and just do a spell check.
Bad grammer and mispelled words just add to the fun factor.........Boat Dr
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 9:09am
Originally posted by darren gardner darren gardner wrote:

hello my name is darren would love 2 have a set of yor manuals. im a newbie 2 all of this, so not sure what 2 do next. please help. thanks darren

Darren, Reid may not have any copies of the Interceptor manuals anymore. If so, you can go to marineengine.com and purchase one. I got one from them for my 312 and then Reid made the offer 2 weeks later!! It is a very complete manual and does cover the 256 engine that I'm guessing you have in the boat.

By the way, I'm one of the old guys here that the Boat Doc was referring to with his "texting" vocabulary comment!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
darren gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 10:00pm
hey this is darren, thankyou 4 the info. i will try that site u referred me 2. thanxs 4 taking the time 2 post darren..
darren l gardner
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2008 at 10:34am
Darren, Do you have the 256 Interceptor? What parts are you looking for and just wondering if the birth date in your profile is correct.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
glise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2010 at 6:49pm
Salve scrivo dal italia io sarei molto interessato al manuale interceptor come possofare per averlo? Grazie....
caravelle0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caravelle0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2010 at 3:16pm
The Inteceptor manual I have is for the "Y" blocks (256,272,292.312CI) The 260 would be a different manual and I believe is a early version of the 289/302.
Youre right- the 221/260/289/302 are all Windsors, with the 351 being their big brother.

Brad, I would suspect that very little changed from the 260 to 289 2V Interceptors-
I think the change in displacement came in '66. I bet that '68 manual would be a good reference.
---------------
Yes, I think, this is correct.
I have in Germany an old wooden-runabout-skiboat, named Arcangeli Super Jolly from Italy (the same like a RIVA Florida), since 1967 with a INTERCEPTOR-Engine. Some years a believe, it´s a Chrysler engine with 210HP and 5.oL.
Now I found the manual from INTERCEPTOR since 1968 here. I have a 289 ci with 210HP and VELVET 1/70C LH.
It´s great!
Greatings from Germany
Axel
transick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2017 at 3:36pm
Do you still have any tech manuals available for an Interceptor 352? I am rebuilding a 1966 Arena Craft that my Dad gave me and need to rebuild the heat exchange and some hydraulic hoses that are dry rotted out and split. I probably will need to work on several other systems as well including the carburetor. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated and I hope to have this thing on the water this summer and send you guys some pictures.
+ Tony
transick + 1966 Arena Craft
Old skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 2:44pm
Do you still have the Interceptor tech manuals? I have a 1964 SN #1387 with a 289 4/barrel carb. Let me know.
robertbenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2018 at 7:26pm
Hi I am Robert Benz and I have a barn find 1957 Higgins 17' boat with an interceptor engine. I don't anything about the boat or engine, can you help me with any infomation about either. The model # H 17 SSS I 185 Serial # 13512. the engine is in a bunch of parts and I haven't been able to location engine numbers yet.
I saw your offer for your manual and others will donate the $10.00 plus $10.00 I too want to do that also.
If you or know anyone or company have any data on the boat or engine I would be very grateful. I am considering rebuilding both, the boat is complete and I think the is all there to refurbursih. What I have seen and looked up Higgins boats are top class boats.

Thanks for your help
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2018 at 7:34pm
Robert,
Post some pictures of the engine so we can possibly ID your engine. Chances are high it is a "Y" block series.

Also, so we can follow your issue better, see if you can keep your posts in the same thread. Here's your other post:
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by robertbenz robertbenz wrote:

Hi I am asking for any data about Higgins 17' boats blue prints, operators manual, repair manuals, engine manuals (Intercepter engine). I have a 17' Higgins boat with the V8 Intercepter engine. It has been in a darn for over 35 yrs. I will take any information to help me decide to repair or junk this boat.

Robert,
About the only written info you will find is the engine manual. What's wrong with the boat that you think junking is an option? What model engine is it? I suspect a re power at one time in it's life since the typical engine choice of Higgins were Chryslers and Gray Marines. Join your local chapter of the ACBS.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2018 at 7:40pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2018 at 9:51am

Robert,
What's wrong with the boat that you think junking is an option? What model engine is it? I suspect a re power at one time in it's life since the typical engine choice of Higgins were Chryslers and Gray Marines. Join your local chapter of the ACBS.

Robert,
Here's your local ACBS chapter

We'd love to see some pictures if you get a chance.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kwas911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwas911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 11:10pm
Might these still be available?
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 8:46am
Years ago I scanned my original Ford Commander MM and send it to Keith, for upload to the Ref section. Wink
transick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 3:04pm
I still haven't had any luck finding a manual for my 352 Interceptor on the Arena Craft. I honestly have not been able to make time for it over the last 2 years but I am going to focus on it this winter. Does anyone have a lead on this engine?
transick + 1966 Arena Craft
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 3:27pm
Tony,
Keith is working on restoring the manuals in the sites reference section that were lost due to the site being hacked. There is a 60's Interceptor manual that covers the "Y" blocks and the FE blocks. Hopefully he can get that back soon. But, there are some great threads regarding 352's in CC's. Here's a link to the search:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2020 at 5:30pm

Tony,
Keith is working on restoring the manuals in the sites reference section that were lost due to the site being hacked. There is a 60's Interceptor manual that covers the "Y" blocks and the FE blocks. Hopefully he can get that back soon. But, there are some great threads regarding 352's in CC's. Here's a link to the search:

And here's a link to some reading that actually works, unlike the one above Wink

Maybe my link will expire too, who knows.

Hope Keith gets those instructions up soon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic