NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interceptor Tech Manuals - 60s

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interceptor Tech Manuals - 60s
    Posted: March-27-2007 at 8:31am
I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a '62-'65 vintage INTERCEPTOR Marine Technical Manual. I've had half dozen nice spiral-bound, heavy covered copies made and in lieu of attempting to sell them, I'd like to offer them up to anyone free from me but with a $10 donation to CCFan. I've already sent one to Paul Waters (67Nautique312). The engines covered include:
6cyl- 144ci 85 HP
      170ci 100 HP
8cyl- 221ci 120 HP(orig engine 289-302 family)
      256ci 135-150 HP (1st in Y-block family)
      272ci 170 HP (Y-block)
      292ci 185 HP (Y-block)
      312ci 215 HP (Y-block)
      352ci 240 HP (FE big block series)
      390ci 260 HP (FE big block series)
      390ci 300 HP (FE big block series)

The manual covers Specs, Maint scheds, Trouble shooting, Laying-up and fitting-out, and also the Dearbornmatic transmissions. If you'd like one sent out to you, just send me an email to "reidp@bellsouth.net".

EDIT: And for those in dire financial straits and in no hurry whatsoever, I will indeed be sending a copy to Keith to add to the REF SECT, sometime in the future.   But the saleman in me beat the philanthropist to the plate.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 9:11am
ReidP , you my boy are what keeps this site moving forward.Always sharing and giving of yourself.
What a pleasure to converse with you Reid,Talked to Allen last nite ,many cudo's for the pics of the manifolds.He had never seen a set,he will send us pic's of the finished product to post on this site...............boat dr
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 11:23pm
ReidP....nice one! Any chance you have anything on the carter side draft carb?

I have a marine shop manual for the Y blocks 312 etc...that one is available upon request for any members!

Reid....I will take you up on your manual/donation offer!

Many thanks!

Email me at
lisaandgary@insightbb.com
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2007 at 11:49pm
Gary, Don't know if it's any better than what you already have, but there are five pages dedicated to the side-draft carbs in this manual. I will email you tomorrow from my reidp office email address.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2007 at 12:57am
Reid,
I'll take one! I'll go the ten plus spot another ten for this great site! Thanks for the offer!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 1:59pm
Hey Reid,

I don't really have a need right now, but I was wondering if there is any chance you can scan them and make them available in the reference section?

-JMurph
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 10:48pm
Why JMurph, Is that your nice and polite way of calling me a greedy opportunist? Well you don't need one yet, but you may when you get that really old boat you're hunting, and your manual will cost YOU a $50 donation to the Site. OK, maybe you missed it above in the original posting, but I will be sending it to Keith to add to the Ref Sect. I've also got a neat HM manual covering multiple engines, which I'll send in as well.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:22pm
reidp, this is what makes this site,sharing for the sake of sharing.
Kinda goes back to that old addage,If you can't help ,don't hurt.
But then again different strokes.........
Was good talking to you again, hope we get some Hi Teks soon,Knot Correct knows something is going on,she smiles at all the new stuff I have added but knows something is amiss.............boat dr
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Reid,
I'll take one! I'll go the ten plus spot another ten for this great site! Thanks for the offer!

I'd like one, and I'll add another $10.00, too. Thanks.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 12:31pm
Reid,
Just got my manual!! A BIG THANKS!!!!   / or as ebay would say:
Great CCF'r ..as expected.... A+++...highly recommended

thanks again!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 4:49pm
Steve, You're welcome. And thanks for the positive feedback.

Riley,
Just send your USPS mail-to address to my office email, "reidp@bellsouth.net", and I'll get one out in the mail to you. Thanks.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 8:25am
Reid, email's on its way. Thanks.

If anyone's interested, I have a Chrysler 225 manual. I gladly make a copy,and send it anyone that's interested for the same deal.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 9:07am
Reid, You know when you clean out the garage and 2 weeks later you need something you through out, Well, 2 weeks before this (your)posting, I ordered the manuel for my 312 from marineengine.com. On top of it, it's nothing but a copy of the real thing!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 10:16pm
Reid,
Thanks for the Manual....fantasico and a big ebay pos FB ! 5 star and highly recommend this guy!
Ditto on the double donation!

Steve...how ya been?
stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Steve...how ya been?

Gary? ,Gary Who? , I dont know no stinkin Gary, ...ohhhh, wait a minute THAT stang!!! Now I remember ...

Im doin good man....just waiting for warm weather... how 'bout you all?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 11:49pm
Hey it's starting to warm up enough (if it stops raining)...I'm a spashin in the next week!
Brian was over yesterday...he's ready to roll too!
One of my sons is back on leave and he may brave the cold to take a ride! We will see just how tough those navy Seabees really are....he will be freezing his ass off and I'm gonna make him wear clothes pins on his nipples!
stang

The Super Air

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 3:23pm
I received mine today. Beautiful copy. Thanks.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 3:28pm
Hi Reid- does your Interceptor manual cover a 66 260?

I'm rescuing a 66 Mustang next week and would like to get started reading up on the motor.
Thanks!
-Brad
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 5:09pm
Brad, I like your optimism

I dont think Reid's manual covers the 260 Ford, but I think the 1968 Interceptor Manual in the ref section does. I believe the 260ci is the 165hp model.

Heck, Im not even sure what you need a manual for. A little bit of Marvel Mystery oil and some ether, that thing will be running like a top!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 5:21pm
Brad,
Welcome back to the 60s!!!   Where did you find the Mustang at? Looks like MS registration? You have any other pics?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Brad, I like your optimism

I dont think Reid's manual covers the 260 Ford, but I think the 1968 Interceptor Manual in the ref section does. I believe the 260ci is the 165hp model.

Heck, Im not even sure what you need a manual for. A little bit of Marvel Mystery oil and some ether, that thing will be running like a top!

Tim- I reviewed that one before posting here. On pages 1 and 23 is lists the different HP options, but they all say 289 for displacement. So, I fgured it was not the correct manual.

In the picture of Reid's manual in the very fist post of this thread, it lists 260 on it.
Early 60's Ford small blocks were the Y block and not the V which I think the 1966 260 is.

Yeah- I'm trying to be optimistic here Tim.
If anyone has a good quality engine rebuild manual for this 260, I'd love a copy

Thanks fellas
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Brad,
Welcome back to the 60s!!!   Where did you find the Mustang at? Looks like MS registration? You have any other pics?

62Wood- Thanks! Found it right in town (Groton, MA). It was advertised as if it only needed a little engine work. Pretty obvious that the PO had not actually looked at the boat in over 5 years. It's a pretty sweet little boat...potentially...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 6:58pm
Brad, Reids manual is the old "Y" block and the 352/390. It is not the 260/289/302. Did you get my email?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 7:02pm
Pete, have not rec'd the email yet.
Can you try this one?
brad_harper@charter.net
Thanks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 7:03pm
Brad, Here it is:

221/260 Interceptor manual

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 7:09pm
Brad, Have you changed you email address in you profile? The following came back to me undeliverable:

Brad, The Inteceptor manual I have is for the "Y" blocks (256,272,292.312CI) The 260 would be a different manual and I believe is a early version of the 283/302. I do know that marineengine.com would have it if you don't have any luck with Reid. Great to here that you are rescuing the boat. It should be a very interesting project. It's also good that everything is with the boat like the windshield!!

Keep us posted on the progress, Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 7:12pm
Pete- yeah I saw that manual for sale, but it's pretty cashie for this project's budget.
Thanks again
-Brad
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 8:28pm
Brad, I have one of Reid's manuals that I got just for kicks, and then coincidentally, got a boat with a 100 hp Interceptor. The manual that came with the boat is the same as Reids. I would guess it's an older manual than what your looking for, but it's odd that it came with my 1967 Mustang. I really like your boat.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Brad, The Inteceptor manual I have is for the "Y" blocks (256,272,292.312CI) The 260 would be a different manual and I believe is a early version of the 283/302.

Pete, Im sure you meant 289 and not 283. Youre right- the 221/260/289/302 are all Windsors, with the 351 being their big brother.

Brad, I would suspect that very little changed from the 260 to 289 2V Interceptors- I think the change in displacement came in '66. I bet that '68 manual would be a good reference.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 10:14pm
Pete, Tim, Bruce- Thanks for your feedback.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic