Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

commander exhaust manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WVNautique79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVNautique79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: commander exhaust manifolds
    Posted: March-31-2007 at 4:13pm
Hey everyone, I have a 79 SN with a 351 Commander. Had water in the oil last spring, changed the head gaskets and heads, and still had milky oil. Figured the block was cracked, so I just gave up on it for the year. After researching some more, decided to pressure test the manifolds, which I did today. One is leaking from probably a dozen holes inside the barrel. So, my question is can I find some aftermarket Commander style manifolds somewhere, or do I have to switch to PCM style ones. Thanks

Kevin
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2007 at 9:52pm
WVNautique79,
do a google search on Hi_Tek Stainless Manifolds,we just did a group buy. Need some more orders............boat dr
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2007 at 9:55pm
Kevin, I see used Commander manifolds on eBay occasionally. In fact there is a set advertised right now:

Manifolds on eBay

I think they usually sell for less than that. I have a great set I've been saving for a while, but I would let them go for less than those are advertised for. If you want them, you can email me through my profile button below.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVNautique79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 9:29am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

WVNautique79,
do a google search on Hi_Tek Stainless Manifolds,we just did a group buy. Need some more orders............boat dr

That would be nice to have, but I'm not looking to spend that much $$ right now.

Kevin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVNautique79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 9:33am
Originally posted by jameski jameski wrote:

Kevin, I see used Commander manifolds on eBay occasionally. In fact there is a set advertised right now:

Manifolds on eBay

I think they usually sell for less than that. I have a great set I've been saving for a while, but I would let them go for less than those are advertised for. If you want them, you can email me through my profile button below.

A buddy of mine told me yesterday he thinks he has a set of PCM manifolds I can have. If they don't work out, I might be interested in yours. I'll let you know.

Kevin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVNautique79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 10:20am
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Marine-Manifold-Exhaust-Kit-Barr-Style-Ford-302-351-3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50442QQitemZ320097642160QQrdZ1

Anyone know anything about these manifolds? Thanks

Kevin
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 10:56am
there cheap
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 7:29pm
If i were You I'd stay away from the "Commander" manifolds, those were made of titanium to eliminate weight, but problem with those is that they rust too much from the inside and end up leaking water inside the engine.

hope my advise helps,

good luck
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:48am
Really titanium? I didn't think that titanium rusted?
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:50am
Right, hold out for the unobtainium manifolds.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:32pm
wow and they make inplants out of Titanium. Rust?? please smoke another bowl and kill those last couple of cells.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:59pm
Chris: Glad to see you posting again. You must feel better, you sound almost like your old self!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 1:46pm
S/S commander manifolds
These do not have the elbow attachment.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 2:36pm
My commanders are stainless steel. I cant imagine how they rusted. I have inspected mine and they look flawless. 1100 hours later and some of that in salt water.....

Brad
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 4:20pm
Thank you 79!!... was thinking the EXACT same thing. haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 10:38am
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Right, hold out for the unobtainium manifolds.

ROFL!!!!!!!!

Chris, nice to here you sound like your old self again!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic