NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yes, its payback for the north

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 9:14pm
    I think I am going to move away..... We got pounded up here again today. 05210, did you survive??

Jeff
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 9:33pm
JEFF: If you are thinking of moving....we have room here. Boat is ready to go in the water. Temps in the 80's. Been watching the Weather Channel...looks like you guys are really getting hit.

Have you been real busy lately?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 7:31am
We survived ok.No snow here,but 5-6" of rain.Took a ride down through the beach last night at about 7pm...not good.Sidewalks and streets washed out,broken windows etc.There was sand,rocks,and driftwood 1 block deep off the beach.I haven't seen the ocean that mad in a long time.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 9:44am
Hey Mike, I hope you lake isn't flooded like last year. What a mess that storm was!

John, you guys are used to challenging weather in the south. Us northerners get a little twisted over stuff like this. The good news is the lake levels are higher, so less fear of dinging props.

Ken
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 10:01am
You guys aint got nothing that beats an Ohio spring, you guys forgot the word anticipation, except when it comes to beers.
Elephants when there growing old and cant keep up with the herd start to head to the burial grounds, any connection?   big time lol, you guys know im kidding though. Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 10:08am
I have a long lasting impression of Ohio. In May of 2004, my wife and I drove from Massachusetts to Streetsboro, OH. I bought a boat from Ron's Marine that JBear is slightly familiar with. Anyway, after the test drive, the sky turned BLACK and lightning like I've never seen kicked in. Rain, high winds, etc. The next morning on our drive back to Mass, there was a tornado watch and it was a nasty drive to the PA boarder. It was like the Wizard of Oz in Ohio.

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 10:58am
It's snowed 3 times since I got the boat out of storage. Maybe I should put it back in.

Reidp- thanks for the invite- that's very generous of you. I was just down in FL for a very short Easter weekend. Next time I'm down there, I'll try to hook up with some of the FL fans

One good thing about all this rain- the lakes levles are rising quickly
-Brad
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 5:49pm
I like your positive attitude, Brad. Let the water levels rise. I'm counting the days until Lost Lake season. We'll give my boat some water-time this year.

Ken
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 9:56pm
   One of my wife's employees has a camp near the end of the lake by the dam.She says camps at that end are starting to take on water.The Mousam river is supposedly flowing over it's banks.They may not have power for 2 weeks at their house.I have not been up there....JEFF KOSTIS can you verify this?

I cannot handle another spring like last year.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 11:55pm
Mike; Please grab JEFF and head south for a visit. I think JEFF will tell ya that you'll have a great time.

Ken; "A little familiar with"!!!!! You gotta love that Ohio Spring-time weather. Wait 10m and it'll change. Of course, maybe the sky turned black after your test ride 'cause the gods knew how much trouble you'd have if you bought that boat.
Heres hoping you don't ding your prop this season!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 7:33am
   JBear,
No doubt in my mind we would have a good time.My wife and kids are actually in Tampa right now soaking up some sun.I couldn't go cause of the new business.Next year for sure.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 8:49am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Ken; "A little familiar with"!!!!! You gotta love that Ohio Spring-time weather. Wait 10m and it'll change. Of course, maybe the sky turned black after your test ride 'cause the gods knew how much trouble you'd have if you bought that boat.
Heres hoping you don't ding your prop this season! john

I'm actually having my boat blessed by the church this spring. Plus I'm going to name it too. I'm hoping the higher power flushes away all the bad and allows the best summer ever. Say a prayer for me, John!

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:12am
Mike- Hope you guys survive the high water this spring. Our lake is full already and the boards have only been in the dam for 1 week. That's 3.5 feet in 1 week- pretty crazy.
If I can get my butt in gear this weekend to summerize the 86er we could be skiing by Monday.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

we could be skiing by Monday.

Dang, I better bring my stuff back with me this weekend!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:44pm
Mike: Hope your wife and kids are enjoying themselves. It is a little on the cool side here now. I am gonna hold ya to that "next year" visit. Maybe you can look at my bike while you are here. Hope the new business is good. And not keeping you as busy as JEFF. I never hardly hear from him anymore.

Ken: I think you know you and Patricia are always in my prayers. Not just for a good summer either.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 11:21am
Myrtle Beach for April vacation = Ahhhhhhh

As much as I like the N.E., I gotta admit that changing the lattitude definetly changes the attitude!
You'all Southerners just might be on to something! (At least Nov thru May . )
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 9:20pm
You'all Southerners just might be on to something! (At least Nov thru May . )

We are!! Took our first run of the year today! Being your own boss has it perks. Air temp 88 and water temp 61.... Who's up? d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
85Nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2007 at 11:57am
We are in the mid 70's in Northern VA water is a little cold. Nothing a full 3/2 wetsuit won't cure.

No boating this weekend up to Wildwood NJ with some friends.

Everybody have a safe weekend
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2007 at 9:55pm
     I think we have finally made the switch from winter to flooding to summer here!!

Jeff...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic