Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Graphics for 78 Ski Tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CC Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Graphics for 78 Ski Tique
    Posted: April-13-2007 at 1:09pm
Is there anybody that makes the graphics for the side of the boat? Not the small stickers that correct craft put on, but ones to replace where it says Ski Tique? Also for the back where it says competition ski boat...

Thanks,

Roger
78 Ski Tique
1978 Ski Tique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2007 at 1:30pm
CC, The Tique will only have "correct craft" and the strips on the transom. It's the Nautiques that had the " competition ski boat" on them.

Due to having to re-gel my transom, I just had my 77 Tique transom done by my local sign guy. A tracing is all that is needed and they will scan and cut.

Do you have enough left to trace?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 2:02pm
My 78 Ski Tique say's "competition ski boat" on the transom.(It's original paint.)
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Due to having to re-gel my transom, I just had my 77 Tique transom done by my local sign guy. A tracing is all that is needed and they will scan and cut.

Do you have enough left to trace?

Pete, any chance the sign shop still has the file? My transom is completely bare. Not sure if Im staying with blue yet or not, just weighing my options for now. Of course, Id love to have a tracing of your side decals as well- mine have been painted over once and the outline appears to be slightly larger than the original. I cant think of a Tique in nicer shape than yours!

Thats funny about the lettering- all the Tique transoms I have seen just say Correct Craft. CC must have used both styles.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 5:26am
Tim, I'm sure that my sign shop still has the file. I'll be talking with him shortly since he's currently making me new paint masks (stencils) for the "Correct Craft" script on my Atom. You may want to consider having masks made to do yours in paint. I don't know how original you want to stay with but since I've been critisized recently for recomending vinyl I felt I should mention it!!

It is funny the different transom graphics I've noticed as well. The more common I've seen is where the "Correct Craft" is above the 2" and 1" stripes. Mine with the CC in between the 2" stripe I've seen on 3 other boats. We all know that CC did allot of mixing and matching with whatever they had in stock!

I'll keep you posted.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 7:22am
Pete, Id consider having masks made to paint both the transom and side decals. Im not sure how it would work since the lettering isnt solid though- the dark blue outline pinstriping may be hard to duplicate.

Id like for the boat to appear mostly original- but if its cheaper and easier to go vinyl on the graphics, I see no harm in that. Ive just got to find a good source for all the tracing- I have nothing to work with on the transom and the side is a little bit off due to a repaint by a previous owner.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 9:11am
Tim, I wonder if Alan had a double set of masks made? 1 for the background and the other for the pinstriping. I'll have to do a search for the thread that talks about it. Have you tried to trace the sides?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
CC Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 2:38pm
Sorry guys its been a few days (dang work) Sombody had repainted over my orginal lettering and the line at the bottom is mostly gone. As for the lettering on the transom verry little is left for even a slight trace....I guess I should look again at what is says by the sounds of things :-)

Roger

also I am having trouble understanding, did the 78 Tique have a ski platform on the back or just a ladder? I seem to see them both ways on here. Mine is missing both and its almost impossiable to get in the dang boat while its in the water...
1978 Ski Tique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 3:54pm

Tim, I wonder if Alan had a double set of masks made? 1 for the background and the other for the pinstriping. I'll have to do a search for the thread that talks about it. Have you tried to trace the sides?

Pete, as far as I can tell the 80-81 boats didnt have pinstriping- they just had a little more details in the stripes. They appear to be all one color.

I havent tried tracing my graphics yet, but Ill give it a shot when the time comes.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 6:51pm
We recently had a '78 Tique which now belongs to a neighbor, on which we actually masked off the existing worn out side graphics with the very thin and flexible masking tape and sprayed it with the rustoleum light blue paint. It came out great, but doesn't have the black shadowing outline, which to be done correctly, I guess would have been done prior to my premature and overly anticipated removal of the masking. The transom has yet to be done, and you (or rather I) sure can't see masking it so I was looking to have a stencil made for them. That's now about 25th in line of more pressing boat projects. I'll try to find picts to post of it.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 8:08am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Pete, as far as I can tell the 80-81 boats didnt have pinstriping- they just had a little more details in the stripes. They appear to be all one color.

I havent tried tracing my graphics yet, but Ill give it a shot when the time comes.

Correct Tim,
The 80-81 are only one color. We made a mask for all lettering. I originally started making a mask for the stripes but it was easier as Reid said to just tape the stripes of by hand. When you remove the old paint there's quite a ghost left behind for a guide.

As for the stern lettering on these boats, I've seen Tiques that had "Competition Ski Trainer", don't know what year that might have been. When you see my 81 ski you'll think somethings wrong too because mine just says"Correct Craft" . I think Pete's stated a dozen times there is very little consistency in these old boats.
robertchurey@att.net View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertchurey@att.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2017 at 10:27pm
I would like to wet sand and buff my 78 tique and the repin strip and repaint lettering is that possiable
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic