NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Props

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tjeffery72Mus. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjeffery72Mus. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Props
    Posted: April-16-2007 at 2:00am
What is the best way to figure out what size prop I need, I want what is going to give me the best for pulling up skiers and wakeboarders, mostly wakeboarders, but what is going to give me good speed and no problems getting people out of the water, Any tips will help, THANKS. TOM
The Guy.

64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 12:26pm
We have the Acme 542 on a 16' hull with the 289 engine. If the boat has a 351 the Acme 540 is a good choice as well. The 16' hull will pull heavy deepwater slalom skiers easily and the low pitch holds speed well on the pull-outs.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 12:58am
Call Acme. They will make a suggestion. If you get it and don't like it they will replace it until your happy with the performance.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 8:58am
You can also try that Delta Prop link on this site. Fill out the information on your boat and the tech guy gives a recommendation.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 9:32am
Originally posted by 64 Skier 64 Skier wrote:

We have the Acme 542 on a 16' hull with the 289 engine. If the boat has a 351 the Acme 540 is a good choice as well. The 16' hull will pull heavy deepwater slalom skiers easily and the low pitch holds speed well on the pull-outs.

Assuming you have a '72 Mustang, this is very good advice. A stock 289 or 302 would be well suited to a 542. A modified 302 or a 351 would be better matched to a 540.

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 10:05am
Benj- you should talk to acme about getting some kick-backs for all the people you have encouraged to buy acme props
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Benj- you should talk to acme about getting some kick-backs for all the people you have encouraged to buy acme props

Good thinking Brad. Theyve already agreed to send me a few new props to try this spring- maybe I can convince them to let me keep them once Im done testing.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 11:12am
Oh yeah- some test props, remember to get one for your 86 test boat too
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 11:58pm
Seems most folks with the older Correct Crafts like the Acme props. I know a couple folks that traded four blades for the Acme three blades and found the Acme to be better. I have a Acme 542 on my Ski Tique and like it a lot, but the only other prop I've had on it was the stock Federal.
Work to live, not live to work.

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 9:26pm
I put a acme 470 on my 95 snob. I ran it today for the first time. Kids skied, too cold and rugh for me. The prop was very smooth and responsive. I think I am going to like it. Like another poster said, I called Acme and went we talked at length about props, and this was the one we decided would fit me best. Great to get out on teh water!

ernest
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2007 at 12:03am
I can't wait to get on the water. It's been pretty cold in Oregon, but I think my boat is gonna see it's first water for the season next week if the weather warms up just a little.
Work to live, not live to work.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic