NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Powers Lake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powers Lake
    Posted: April-20-2007 at 10:34am
It looks like the weather will hold out for a nice run with the Tique tomorrow. I'll be looking for everyone!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 10:36am
I will flip you off if you rip through the course! M3Fan is coming out. I just sent him a few maps, email me and I'll get you some useful info.

kevin.fleischmann AT plboatclub.com
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 10:40am
Kevin, I do know were I'm going as I have a friend on the east end. Thanks for the offer. You Have the coarse in already?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 10:50am
It's in Joel's boat! We'll be out there early afternoon.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 12:40pm
Yep, I'm ready to see the legendary rock bar.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 7:34pm
Kevin, So you don't like to share the use of the coarse!! I think once you put it out in the water, anyone can use it.

See you tommorrow,Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 3:36pm
Well, Were was everyone? Still in bed? All I saw was a black Air in the lift on the west side of the lake and 4 people fishing. I didn't even see a salom coarse that I could buzz through. Well, sorry I missed meeting you guys.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 9:11pm
Hey 8122 - So you got the boat out! Cool. I left you a phone message about my drain plug. I even said when I got your message machine "You're probably out in the boat!"
I was right. Hope the first ride in the Tique was enjoyable!

Oh, off the subject of this post, but that drain plug I mentioned before does have a flared shoulder on both ends (inside and out). What would you do with that? That's what I called about.
Inboards Rule!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 8:02am
64, Did you leave me a message at work? None here at home. Is the drain tube 2 piece that was put in from both sides of the transom? I don't think that the second side would have been flaired after being put in the hole.

The Tique ride was enjoyable except I need to investigate a vibration when it is first put in reverse from forward. Not as bad the second time going in reverse. Posibly a damper plate! I'll need to run it some more and then talk to Eric our on site trans guru!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 8:40am
Glad the Tique ride was good. I don't think I've ever actually been in one of them!
I think it was your home number. One of those generic voices on the machine. Maybe I dialed a wrong number. That'll be an interesting message for someone if I did!
Yeah the flare is definitely on both sides. With the stern ply now removed, I can slide it back and forth about 1/2" or more. It is odd. I don't think it's two pieces (looks smooth clear through on the inside) which would mean it must have been flared after insertion? Maybe Dunphy put it in from inside and then flared the outside? That would be easier wouldn't it? I'm confused! And what's this have to do with Powers Lake anyway?!?!?
Inboards Rule!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 1:09pm
8122, due to me being lost, we didn't really get out on the water until about 2 PM. I DID pass a blue and white correct craft of some sort while I was going westbound on 173 at about 1:25 PM or so. Was that you?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 2:57pm
Joel, Yup, that was me going east!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Well, Were was everyone? Still in bed? I didn't even see a salom coarse that I could buzz through. Well, sorry I missed meeting you guys.

I was working with the ski team in Twin Lakes, and as Joel said we skied from 2-7 pm.

I was just kidding about the course. I realize it's fair game, now is the only time you can use one on Powers it gets too crazy once the water warms up, not to mention those boat cops would have a field day with it.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 8:07pm
How big is that lake??
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 9:56pm
about 500 acres.

Pete,

I was driving by around noon, think I caught a glimpse of your boat. I think.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2007 at 10:41am
500 acres with a big rock bar in the middle! I'm sure glad I had a guide with me going to the other side of the lake because the bouys weren't out yet. I'm sure I would have done some serious damage. When he pointed it out to me, I could barely see the outline of the rocks just under the water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic