Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i need help with 78 ski tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
watkins27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watkins27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need help with 78 ski tique
    Posted: April-21-2007 at 6:12pm
ok here we go.i bought this boat as is, the problem is sometimes it has spark and sometimes it don't.whoever had it before me changed it to elec.from point distributor.i have check everyting else this is the last thing to replace i think.i just need some advice,is there a kit to rebuild elec. or should i put a point distributor back in it. could it be someting else .thank you for any advice.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 10:26pm
First check the distributor cap for cracks. Then take a circuit tester ( one of those screw drivers with a light inside the handle) put it on the negative side of the coil and ground it and crank the engine. If the light blinks, the distributor is breaking fire. If the light doesn't blink the module inside is dead, and probably has a little crack with a burnt place on it.
Tim D
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 12:07am
Do not go back to the point stuff. The electronic is a upgrade everyone likes.
Work to live, not live to work.

watkins27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watkins27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 9:31am
thanks for the help it is blinking
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2007 at 11:04pm
My experience says ignintion switch

Munday
rudderdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudderdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 3:24am
Next thought is coil getting hot, and failing
rudderdad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic