NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reid, Your new 390 in the Classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 10:07am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Python re-powered BFN? This guy has three incredible BFNs. I need to get some picts of his boats posted.

Please do so.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2007 at 2:10pm
Eric, My wife picked up the mail yesterday and just told me now I had a nice little package from Medina, OH. She just emailed me a pict and you're right,it'll clean up nice. THANKS!! All, Eric hooked me up with a new Borg-Warner trans tag for this engine after the near-perfect original was accidentally voided of all paint by my crack whse engine clean-up crew, while thoughtfully cleaning the rest of the trans/bellhousing parts, etc..

I will post picts soon of the BFNs and esp the Python.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2007 at 9:23am
Real nice lookin' shop too. Do you do any real work there or is it just a play-pen for the boats?

I like Alan's screen-saver idea but you gotta add Skipper and Boaty; I've got Jo the wonder dog on now and would like to keep the dog theme.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2007 at 11:52am
Reid , nice looking power plant . I think you are going to need to put that in a bigger boat. Shes liable to role right over when you punch it.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2007 at 4:24pm
He dont have to worry about that its going to be a boat lift Queen!!
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2007 at 9:20pm
everything looks nice and shiny but what's up with that dingy, yellow flame arrestor? Come on, i know you can do better than that reid!!!!!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2007 at 12:05am
reid...is that red dip stick original or is it just for added "Bling"??
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2007 at 1:06am
are those oh sh*t handles in the back of the intake?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2007 at 6:49am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

reid...is that red dip stick original or is it just for added "Bling"??

A red dip stick? Is that original?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2007 at 11:26am
Thanks Pat, and I'm fine if it rolls just a little, and I can assure MM she's not a lift Queen, as we'll hopefully be cruising her for some breakin time in a few weeks when he shows up.

I dont' think there was any red on the engine at all originally, it just needed the bling, and thanks Mark for pointing that out to Pete. And the dinky flame arrestor is temp for sure Blondie, as it'll get a tall boy. This boat has the scoop on the box, so no fitment problems there, and no Pete, the scoop wasn't original, but it has been there for 40 years so I left it. Just kidding of course. The shop where the engine is sitting is actually Holman Moody's.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 8:37pm
Hey Reid, Is my boat going to be ready for the weekend of the race????????!!!!!!!!!!

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 10:56pm
By all means! As a matter of fact, any boat you ride in here will be re-christened a "Poonstang", but none will look as lovely as this one. Poonstang........I can't believe I never thought of that before.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 11:25pm
Nice hat . Your dogs are probably hoping none of their friends recognize them .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 12:14am
Ahhhhhh....count it as one for Pat!

Nice shot.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 10:12pm
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED! And the dogs are no longer embarrassed, as the engine is finally installed!! Plus I repainted the boat back to the original white and red, which looks OK I guess. And boy does it sound good,....and loud, I guess from regaining back all the lost compression and then some. I've got to do some fine alignment prior to shaft connnection and water testing, but otherwise she starts so easy with just a twist of the key with no throttle touch at all. And MM or Blondie, I got the big-boy flame arrestor also. Only sad news is that the carb on the higher Edelbrock intake doesn't clear the engine box, as beknownst to me, that scoop was never centered directly above the carb, so I need to do some slight wood and vinyl mods to move it aft about 3". Oh well. The next few weeks should be fun.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 10:41pm
Reid that looks great . CONGRATS . I hope she lives up to your expectations .

Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 11:34pm
Got one thing to say: BEAUTIFUL!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 11:57pm
All kidding aside, it looks really good. I know you put a lot of time a effort into it and it really shows! Nice Work!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 12:57am
well atleast the ignition wires and cap are color coordinated.

Looks good can't waite to see the video's of it on the water.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 5:45am
Thanks guys. I'm away for until Sunday starting now. Have a great weekend and I'll report back in later.

John, I'm headed back to Geiger for the final time and the haul back. I'll tell the girls you said hi, as they still won't be talking to me. But we'll be back in the fall.   

ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 6:17am
Reid, The engine looks even better in the boat!! I'm anxious to hear about how it runs in the water. I've always loved the red and white paint on the Classics. You don't sound too excited about it. Hey, it's original!

Did someone slip with the engine hoist or is that just a piece of tape on the cockpit bulkhead?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 6:43am
Looks awesome Reid. Have you ever posted pics of your shop before. I don't recall seeing any and would love an overhead view of all your toys. I think you've got a few of us envious of your playpen.

Have a safe trip on the haulback, looking forward to July
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 6:50am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Looks awesome Reid. Have you ever posted pics of your shop before. I don't recall seeing any and would love an overhead view of all your toys. I think you've got a few of us envious of your playpen.

Have a safe trip on the haulback, looking forward to July

Just a few of us!!

Opinion poll: Who wants to see pictures of Reids "playpen"?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2007 at 7:21am
i figured you would get a close up of that beautiful tag, everything else looks nice, is this another queen?
"the things you own will start to own you"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 6:42pm
Eric, sorry but the new tag isn't on yet, but will be this week. Just got back into town this afternoon.

Pete, I don't know what that white spot is, but it's not really into the glass like the photo appears- wierd, as it's something that'll come off. Oh, and I love the red and white scheme also, as I was just kidding about having to revert back from Blondie's pink rendition, which is actually the same boat.   

Here are a few recent picts from what we jokingly call for some reason the Boys Boat Club or BBC for short. And no, all the boats aren't MINE. Four of us have boats here and a big fridge full of cold ones, and we try to hang out at least one night a week and make up stories, some of which end up here. Once in a while we even pick up a wrench or a buffer. Besides the two Donzis, the Shamrock, and one brand X, all the boats are older CC's, and 2-3 are basket case projects for sometime down the road. Two other boats, the white/orange and green Mustangs are at the house. Anyone in the neighborhood is invited to give us a call and stop by for a beer (or soda), and talk CC-Speak. 704-451-5080

ReidP
1973 Mustang

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 8:29pm
Once again I am humbled by the great RiedP.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 10:23pm
Now you are truley my Hero!

Got the phone message. Hope the trip back was smooth and safe. When will the trailer be back? Jo can't wait to be invited back. Of course, her dad will have to drive her down there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 11:01pm
Reid...Wheres the fridge, I cant see it with all those boats in the way, ha ha, just kidding, you are a Correct craft God!!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 11:31pm
Nice looking club house . I hope to have a club house like that someday .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 5:38am
Reid, All I can say is WOW!! Of coarse I wasn't surprised because I have looked at your ACBS listing and it takes up almost as much room as some of the boat brokers in the directory. Very nice and if you rationalized the building to what you would need to pay to have the boats stored I'm sure the numbers come out even over only several years.

You know me well enough that the add on home made trim tabs on the Classic are driving me nuts! With all that power now out of the 390, have you thought about removing them? I seem to remember you stating that the previous owner had put them on. He must have been doing a lot of slow speed cruising. I don't ever remember that hull having problems getting up on plane.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic