NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can a 73 Ski Nautique w/NO motor go 75mph

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can a 73 Ski Nautique w/NO motor go 75mph
    Posted: April-25-2007 at 10:25am
photo to follow!!!!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 10:33am
Sure it can....on the back of an old rollback powered by a Chevy 454!!! Years ago, this boat came loose from the truck and ran down in the woods, destroying the hull.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 10:52am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 10:53am
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 2:13pm
ouch. That looked like A cool boat when it was intact. What are you going to do with it?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 2:43pm
Might sell all of it or part of it or none of it........to nautiquefrk. Seriously, I am needing some small items ....and I am going to sell the rest. I just haven't discovered how much Mike wants to pay for what he needs. It has two good original front seats, the 3 vents are great, the ski pole, the rope guard, all lifting rings, the windshield is good except for one glass is broken, rear fiberglass gas tank cover, fuel tank etc...... I think Mike nees some of it for his restoration of a 73 Nautique.

PC
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 3:37pm
Ahh, just dump in back in the lake. It will still work, it's a Correct Craft! Few patches and you're all set. Tough little monkeys, aren't they?

Ken
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 4:48pm
If some parts are for sale I would be interested in the ski ring if you can part with it.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 6:00pm
Paul, I plan to pick up complete boat next weekend.
Thanks, Mike

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 6:14pm
Man that is a shame. That boat needs resurrecting. bj
hasbeenskier
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2007 at 9:29pm
Paul or Mike,

I need a gas tank cover if you guys don't need it. I think it would work for my 79. Just let me know if you want to part with it.

Greg

86 BFN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 2:51pm
Greg, I will keep you posted on the results of the 73 SN. I may be able to help you, or Mike may if he ends up with it.

PC
2001_Cuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001_Cuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 3:08pm
What do you do with the hull once it is parted out? Chainsaw and dumpster?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by 2001_Cuz 2001_Cuz wrote:

What do you do with the hull once it is parted out? Chainsaw and dumpster?

Yep, just like an ex wife!!
Dtaylor373 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dtaylor373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 4:00pm
Paul. I would like to have the drivers seat if it is avalible
David T
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 4:52pm
You can't cut up boats and throw them away in dumpsters. Maybe you can put a Bayliner in a chipper.

Ken
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 5:45pm
More appropriately run a totalled Correct Craft through a chipper and then a Chopper to make a Bayliner!
hasbeenskier
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 9:17pm
I think your supposed to make a bar out of it. It has been done on this site before.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic