NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Broken Dipstip Tube - This Sucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 12:20am
Jim,

The vertical posts are 6X6s, left over from a a trellace (sp?) I took down. The top header is a 4 X 8. I inserted 1 inch shims on each side of the 4 X 8 so that it would be flush with the 6 X 6 vertical posts (cut the shims on my table saw). I used a framing gun to attach the side braces into the 6X6 (fast and easy), and used 5 inch screws through the lateral brace, 1 inch shim, and 4X8 so that I could easily take it apart into three main pieces.

The back of the boat is supported by two sets of blocks, just like you see under the front of the boat. I used a floor jack to lift the back about an inch as I wheeled the trailer away.

Spent about 2 hours making the frame including rounding up the wood and making the cuts.

The structure you see is the frame for a garage cabinet I was building today. Just an optical illusion that it appears to be holding up the back of the boat.

When I took the motor out I used two come alongs, just because it I had them, and it was easy. I suspect you could attach a chain to the two lifting point on the motor and use a single come along. BKH
Livin' the Dream

rudderdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudderdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 12:33am
Real cool a-frame. Jim, that is what you need. To do this oil pan thing, you just need to lift the engine, don;t actually have to pull all of the way out.
rudderdad
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 12:50am
Jim, Here's a couple of close ups of the structure, as well as a pic of what's going on at the back of the boat. BKH

Livin' the Dream

Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 1:33am
BKH, what you need are a few more skis.

rudderdad, I have to pull the trans also. I have been feeding the mother of all tranny leaks for over a year.

So, I'm just gonna yank it all out and see what I've got.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic