Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Motor Mount / 96 Sport Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Buckeye1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motor Mount / 96 Sport Nautique
    Posted: May-07-2007 at 3:09pm
I noticed on my 96 Sport this weekend that the rear motor mount, drivers side, the rubber bushing has come out. Can anyone tell me what might cause this? Are there any posts with instruction on repair?

Thanks
John
John
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 4:47pm
John, Do you know when the alingment has been checked? Also, "Bat turns" are not good for the engine mounts. The boat will swing around but the engine wants to keep going in the other direction!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Buckeye1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2007 at 5:30pm
I cannot recall the last time the alignment was checked (guess that is not good). The boat has about 370 hours. I had not heard the "bat turn" reference before, but thanks for the feedback, we try to keep those to a minimum.
John
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2007 at 5:00am
John, You're close to my age so you must remember the old batman TV series where Batman would turn the Batmobile around 180 within it's own length inside the Batcave. I was a teen in those years (late 60's early 70's) and spent many hours on the lake. It was discovered that some boats, at the proper speed and turning hard while chopping power would do a 180 almost within their own length. It wasn't long before someone started calling the turns "Bat turns". It also wasn't long before someones dad found loose motor mounts on a Barracuda ether!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic