NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gone after 11 years

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gone after 11 years
    Posted: May-14-2007 at 2:20pm
Just got back in the office. Ran home to meet the guy who just bought my Supra and was picking it up. Had that bad boy for 11 years, lots of good times. Despite what you all might think or say, it was a fine boat. However, up against a 13 year older Ski Tique....well which one would you have kept. A few parting shots of the pair.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 3:04pm
Congrats on the sale, Larry, Im sure its bittersweet. I think I told you that a friend mine had 2 Comp TS6m's ('87 and '92) before buying his current '99 Ski Nautique. They were great looking and terrific skiing boats- I loved the barefoot and slalom wakes.

Good call on keeping the Tique though!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 4:09pm
11 good years of service. You can't beat that, regardless of brand. BKH
Livin' the Dream

6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 4:56pm
I've always thought Supras were(are) nice looking boats! What year is the Mustang? Similar front air intake and rear air vents as my 76 SN.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by 6strings 6strings wrote:

What year is the Mustang?

You better read more closely!

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

However, up against a 13 year older Ski Tique....well which one would you have kept. A few parting shots of the pair.

His Tique is a '76.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2007 at 9:31pm

I've always thought Supras were(are) nice looking boats!

I have to admit, it took a little while for the lines of the boat to grow on me, as I always liked the no-nonsense boxy look of the older boats. The Supra is a little bit swoopy, although, I did like the low profile bow. Even though on many more than one occasion, a huge wall of water came over the windshield to cover the unsuspecting passengers in the observers seat. (yes, I'm a good enough driver to keep that from happening, but what fun is that?) I've also got to say the fit and finish on those boats is very good and after 17 years, the upholstery was still in excellent shape, not a single split seam. And yes Tim, they did have a great ski wake. The only flaw was a bit of a rooster tail at about 22 off. Not sure about CC, but Supra hadn't quite engineered that out by 89.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 6:56am
its probably going into good hands... with the unsuspecting water thing, Ill test out drives in a 200 gallon tub and there are always different guys at my shop so when there over near me when im running the boat at the right time when there standing behind he tub, I'll nail the throttle and it will nearly empty the tub on the guy standing there. it is enough force to just about knock you down. i usually will get 2 to 3 guys a summer and sometimes the same guys will get it twice
"the things you own will start to own you"
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 8:45am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

What year is the Mustang?

You better read more closely!

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

However, up against a 13 year older Ski Tique....well which one would you have kept. A few parting shots of the pair.

His Tique is a '76.

T,

Still don't get it...I'd have to know the year of the Supra to figure that out! Am I missing something??
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 8:51am
Walt, The boat is a Tique, not a Mustang. Has nothing to do with the Supra.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 9:02am

Just ignore me. I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet. O.K. it's a Tique! Still, Larry's signature is 75 Tique...guess that should tell me something!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 9:19am

Larry's signature is 75 Tique...guess that should tell me something!

Life is never that simple.

Despite the 75 Tique moniker, the boat is a 1976 model year. I was told by the PO it was a 75 and the registration said 75. I was new to all this when I bought it and didn't realize until a while later that Tiques didn't come out until 1976. I had already taken on the 75 Tique signature. The boat was built in Dec 75, so I guess it is somewhat accurate. Just to clarify it all, The Supra is a 1989 and the Ski Tique is a 1976 (model year)
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 9:25am
I know what you mean. I have the same problem. My hull number(CTC 07126M77B-SNK), I believe, identifies my SN as a 77 but all the paper work has it listed as 76. Has the same air scoops as yours which may or may not mean anything...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2007 at 10:56pm
Larry: I like the Supra. My buddy in Idaho has an 89 like that, but white. Not nearly as pretty as yours (yours formerly). I had an 87 Saltare that was a beast. But I liked the Supra brand. Have to admit I'll never go back though. I can't imagine buying anything else ever (for ski boats) but CC. Man, is CC great or what?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2007 at 12:13pm
Hey Larry,

I'm sure Barry will like the Supra. Do yourself a favor and make a trip to NC to grab that 1990 SN for sale. That thing is a beauty.

Ken
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2007 at 10:22am
About the 76/77 thing... Boats are just like cars. They start selling next years model before next year. I'm in the same boat, figuratively speaking. My 74 Mustang was purchased in 73, but the model year is 74. My Subaru Outback is an 03, but was purchased in 02. Goofy, if you ask me.

Congratulations on the sale.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic