Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Correct Craft Skier

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
James View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Correct Craft Skier
    Posted: July-27-2004 at 7:43pm
I have a 1972 Skier, original as can be with original trailer. I have the thermo electric motor manual but nothing on the transmission, shaft, propeller. It has the 220 hp conqueror engine #220 R. Recently the keyed shaft and coupling failed. I need information on what was installed. Where to buy parts/ and what parts. I have noticed the Skier seems to have the fewest post and other data on the net, anybody know why? I'm trying to keep original, not really sure is that is valuable.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2004 at 9:58pm
Jamie,
The ref. section has a Borg-Warner brochure which covers your trans I believe, and I'd go to your dealer for info on the other parts you mentioned. As for postings of Skiers, I believe the limited years it was produced probably has most to do with it. From the info I've been able to obtain, it came out in 1971 when the new hull it shared with Mustang was first offered. The Mustang at that same time/year became much more plush by way of ample vinyl coverings and the bench seat, much like the same period comparison of the Nautique and Martinique. The Skier ran thru 1975 and disappeared when the new 1976 SkiTique debuted.
Reid
ReidP
1973 Mustang

James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2004 at 8:30pm
Nice looking boat. Thanks for the information. I got the transmission information today. I don't know why I missed it before.
James B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic