Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steering gone

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steering gone
    Posted: May-24-2007 at 12:23am
Alright guys, I have a question that hopefully will be a quick fix for me so I can get my boat back in the water. I was out last weekend and my steering has been pretty tight for a while, I usually need two hands to turn the wheel, so when I was about a hundred feet from the boat launch something let go in my steering. I didn't hear a snap or anything, just all of a sudden the steering let go and I just kept going around in circles. I'm not too sure what broke, so if you guys could help me out that would be awsome. Also the rutor does not move that smoothly so I dont know if that would help in figuring it out and where I can buy the part. Thanks in advance guys!
74 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2007 at 12:32am
you need a new steering cable about 150 bucks from skidim.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2007 at 9:30am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

you need a new steering cable about 150 bucks from skidim.com

Probably wont hurt to replace the cable if the steering was tight beforehand, but its also possible that his clamping block broke free from wherever it was mounted (stringer?).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic