NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Memorial Day

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memorial Day
    Posted: May-28-2007 at 10:54pm
After all the games, all the picnics, all the races, all the boating, I'd like to take a moment at the end of the day to remember the reason for this day. We owe a debt to all those who have given so much so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have. I am sure we have many Veterans on here and to each and every one of you I say Thanks. I myself am not a Veteran but my Dad, who gave me my love of skiing served in WWII and my son served in the Navy for almost 10 years. My brother was a member of the Presidential Guard, guarding the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier. I am proud of them and all of you guys who served to assure our Freedom.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2007 at 10:59pm
Amen
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2007 at 11:12pm
Bless you all . THANK YOU !!!!
I apreciate all that the veterens have done for us . Way to go Jbear for the recognition.

THANK YOU !!!!!!
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2007 at 11:54pm
hello john,my daughter kristin had the honor to place the wreath at the tomb of the unknown solider, just a couple of weeks ago on there trip to washington dc (8th grade class trip) i didnt know bill was part of the presidential guard,she was very honored that she was picked,they had to write an essay and the local veterans read all of them and four were picked,also my grand father was in the battle of the bulge in germany,(gene"s dad) thanks to all veterans past and present for serving our country,
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2007 at 7:33am
My dad was a member of the Army Air Corp. He flew in B17's. He was shot down on his last mission, was a prisoner of war; his parents and fiance (my mom) feared the worse.

At our family dinner on Memorial Day he prayed and wept for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Jbear, I've been to the Tomb of the Unknown soldier, very moving.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2007 at 7:24pm
Too often we neglect to remember the reason behind our holidays and the sacrifices others have made so that we can enjoy the time with out families. I am just as quilty as the next person in neglecting to pass on a word of thanks to our veterans and in not pausing to reflect on those who have served, and given their lives to protect our freedoms.

I have a friend who will be soon serving his 3rd tour in Iraq and my nephew may be going over later this year.

Everytime I find myself complaining about my job, having to work extra hours, etc. I think of the men and women have served and are currently serving our country and what they have given up to do so. It is very humbling sometimes to reflect upon what others are doing for us.

Regardless of your political affiliation or stance on the Iraq War, be sure to thank a veteran for all they have done. They have helped protect the freedoms we enjoy today.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2007 at 5:53pm
well said guys, here are some fly-over pics from the race..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic