Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2000 GT-40 won’t restart once warm

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chip View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2000 GT-40 won’t restart once warm
    Posted: August-03-2004 at 12:32pm
2000 with the GT-40 won't restart once warm. If I open the dog house it starts fine. Some kind of temp issue. anyone else experience a fix for this.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2004 at 3:09pm
I know very little to nothing about the newer boats, but this is a strange problem. What could opening the doghouse possibly have to do with the engine starting or not. Does your boat have a fume detector that locks out the ignition? Opening the doghouse releases teh fumes. I know, a long shot but noone else is offering to help.

Does you boat have a ballast resistor, I would think not...

Does it start immediately upon opening the dog house or are you just helping something to cool down like the engine. Does you boat have a over temp sensor that keeps it from starting?

Good luck.
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 3:44pm
You need to see if you have no fire or no fuel when you try to start the engine. no there is no ballast resistor nor is there a switch to keep the motor from starting if it is to warm.
Tiquer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiquer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2004 at 8:28pm
I was told that lifting the hood relieves vapor lock. Obviously that is an uncool way to fix it, but if it is vapor lock perhaps a higher output blower motor might help or better hood ventilation.
Rj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic