Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

90 Ski Nautique Obsvr Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
edb82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edb82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90 Ski Nautique Obsvr Seat
    Posted: June-07-2007 at 9:51pm
Does no one have an online original equipment parts catalog? I am looking for the stock equipment for my obsrvr seat which is missing the mechanism to raise it....brackets shoks springs? If any one has a suggestion or photo please share. Thanks Eric Im new to the family
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2007 at 9:53pm
you should be able to go to any autoparts store and get new gas struts for that seat, try the regional CC dealers for the brackets.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2007 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

you should be able to go to any autoparts store and get new gas struts for that seat, try the regional CC dealers for the brackets.

Would work on most of the newer boats, unfortunatley, I don't think he's going to have any luck with that one if he's looking for original. The early nineties boats used a single, arched swing arm mounted to the bottom of the observers seat, and mounted under the dash. The whole unit lifted up and, if I recall corectly, the seat is not hinged to the dash. BKH
Livin' the Dream

edb82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edb82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2007 at 10:28pm
It does have a single arm attached to the seat and it does hinge around the dash. What I am unsure of is what went under the dash to raise it. Please help, thanks E
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2007 at 10:43pm
Ok, I just went next door and looked at the neighbor's boat (I hope they don't mind).

79 is right, you may be able to find what you need at the auto parts store.

There is an aluminum L shaped bracket mounted to the dash with the same through bolts that mount the single swing arm. There is a single gas shock, one end bolted to the swing arm, and one end bolted to the bow end of the L shaped bracket.

The gas shock on the new boats use a ball and socket mounting. This gas shock has eyes and is bolted.

Hope this helps.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2007 at 11:55pm
I think its 80 pound lift and 20 inches extended napa has them.with a little effort you can put in 2 this worked well for me.

munday
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Munday Munday wrote:

I think its 80 pound lift and 20 inches extended napa has them.with a little effort you can put in 2 this worked well for me.

munday

there really isn't a need to mount two struts just use a single 120-160 lb strut instead.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 10:55am
Also, to answer one of his questions, to my knowledge, there is no online parts catalog for any CC boat. CC is very peculiar in the way they catalog their parts and in the past have done a very poor job even for the dealers (paper based). Recently, I believe, they have converted to computer (web) based parts catalogs that only the dealers have access to.

I am sure the dealer can still get the seat lifting mechanism, but I would be prepared to pay handsomely.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic