NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Prep Checklist for GL..

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Prep Checklist for GL..
    Posted: June-08-2007 at 10:03am
Hi all....

Well, were getting closer to the Second Annual CCFan.com Midwest reunion in Green Lake WI. The numbers continue to rise with close to 100 people in attendance...

Many of you are preparing your show piece CC's for the event, which has many of us less handy boat owners "Green" with envy with what we will see, hear and witness as the splendor of these new and aged classic muscle boats in the water where they should be...

However, I'd like to point out that Wisconsin's illustreous DNR, can be brutal on the unprepared.. I want to point out the little things that on top of performer intakes and new dual exhaust systems that need to be present while boating up there (especially with out of state registrations)(If ya know what I mean).....

1) Valid boat registrations on the boat and paperwork in the boat...
2) Working extinguisher within site of the driver.
3) Visible cushions and or jackets for everyone on board your boat.
4)Working lights (post dusk of course)

People bring your Anchors!!!, lines and bumbers to tie up with while at the sand bar.. Many didn't have them last year and made it difficult to keep boats in place. Anchors and or augers for both front and back of the boat is highly recommended (especially for all that new "paint" coming) and there any wind on Saturday...

During Friday night's kick off, we will make a general announcement about the lake itself,regulations, gas locations, event scheduling etc.

Just a reminder to prepare for the little stuff that is much cheaper at Wally Word than it is at the Marina !!!

Happy boating to all till then !!! Any questions, please ask !!!! I hope all can make it Friday night as you will receive your registration packet and have a clear understanding of what the weekend will entail. There won't be enough time Sat morning to gather up everyone again.... So, please make it a point to join us and get the full scoop.

Moj
PS: There are no lake mandated registration stickers needed to be purchased to boat on Green Lake..

Also, we will want to coordinate with needy passengers for those making the event without boats.. We don't want anyone stranded like last year waiting for a ride.. So again, please attend...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 10:27am
For the state of WI I believe you also need:

-Boats over 16' need 1 throwable type IV PFD bouyant cushion or ring bouy.

-a working horn, which can be a handheld air horn.

-an observer if you're skiing

-It is unlawful while operating a motorboat to allow any person to ride or sit on the gunwales, tops of seat, backs or sides or on the decking over the bow while under way, unless such person is inboard of guards or railings provided on the boat to prevent passengers from being lost overboard, except for anchoring, mooring or cast off.
^^^^this includes the doghouse

-It shall be unlawful to operate a motor driven boat equipped with a storage battery unless such battery is secured against shifting. Such battery shall be equipped nonconductive terminal shields to prevent accidental shorting of battery terminals. Both positive and negative terminals need to be covered. (Covered battery box with strap works best.)

And for you hot rodders:

-It is unlawful to operate a gasoline powered inboard boat unless the carburetor is filled with a Coast Guard approved flame arrester.

-No person may operate a motorboat without a muffler or one which exceeds noise level standards (86 db on "A" weighted scale) with a muffler.

Hey Moj', is there a ski pattern on the lake? I don't remember.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 10:57am
All really good info, many years ago the DNR wrote me a $75 ticket for a passenger sitting on the doghouse and we were only idling along.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 11:30am
Hollywood,
Thanks for the info..
No there is no ski pattern on GL.., It's open..
They do also allow parasailing on GL, no problem..

For the most part the DNR in Wisc will leave you alone up there as long as there is no real reason to pull you over..

The biggest deal out on GL is that while under power, you should keep a distance of 100ft between you and the boat next to you... We've got stopped for that before..

Like I said, have your boat prepared in the event you're boarded for inspection, especially as we scream loudly across the lake in groups....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

-No person may operate a motorboat without a muffler or one which exceeds noise level standards (86 db on "A" weighted scale) with a muffler.

Mojo, is this rule strictly enforced?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

No, can't say I've ever heard of it or seen it enforced before... Last year we didn't see any issues while together.. The DNR is going to be looking for the guys screwing around and being careless, overloaded boats, safety violations and DUI's... Please remember, it's a tourist state afterall... I wouldn't worry so much..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

No, can't say I've ever heard of it or seen it enforced before... Last year we didn't see any issues while together.. The DNR is going to be looking for the guys screwing around and being careless, overloaded boats, safety violations and DUI's... Please remember, it's a tourist state afterall... I wouldn't worry so much..

Moj'

Thats how it is where I ski as well. I doubt Ill stick out like a sore thumb considering the group we'll have. Ill make sure Reid launches first, just to be safe.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 12:59pm
I wouldn't worry about it Tim, just wanted to share the info. I've never heard of a boat getting one of these tickets. You could call their bluff if by some chance they do get fresh, and tell them those downpipes are custom muffs and you've tested the boat, exactly 83 dB.

Besides, a noise violation citation wouldn't look so bad on the fridge anyways.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 4:40pm
Another item on the list of things to make sure you get done before Green Lake is to get some insurance if you don't already have it, those of you who have been making improvements should call up and have the value of the boat raised accordingly. Its a long drive to an unfamiliar lake for a lot of us, sh*t happens.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 9:44pm
is there a speed limit??
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

is there a speed limit??

yes It's 52 mph and you don't have to worry about it unless there's a 50 mpgh tail wind
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2007 at 11:09pm
The only tail wind I will have is, you, reid and, boat dr, behind me!!
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 2:21am
whats the dog house? Engine cover?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 7:12am

3) Visible cushions and or jackets for everyone on board your boat.

You will need a life jacket for each person on board, not just cushions. I have been warned to not keep them in a zippered bag ether. If unzipped and in sight it's OK.

2k4, Yes the dog house is the engine cover.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 10:08am
Thats interesting that they wont let people sit on the engine cover, thats usually peoples favorite seat on my boat when just crusin around.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 12:43pm

Moj'

Thats how it is where I ski as well. I doubt Ill stick out like a sore thumb considering the group we'll have- but my boat sure isnt quiet without mufflers. Ill make sure Reid launches first, just to be safe.

I have never seen a DNR officer in the state of WI. with a db meter. I don't think it's standard issue and the officers I've run into would have a hard time figuring out how to read one as well!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2007 at 11:49am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

is there a speed limit??

MM, no speed limit out there in Big Green.. Trust me, by mid day there won't be any speeding.
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2007 at 11:31pm
Mufflers....what the hell are mufflers????

Last year Mojo said he could hear me for a long long way out...this year we will double that volume!

Mufflers??? How would anyone ever find me if I was to get lost???

Kevin....man you are now officially on the safety and rules comittee....good job my man!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 9:10am
Hey Gary, How the hell are ya???

Yep, all the way from Norton's to the other side of the lake !!! Sound was sweet... Hey, what boat are ya bringing?? Promo or the Mustang, perhaps the classic???

I'd love to see that funky green machine myself.....

How about Brian??? His he coming? You need to get him registered !!!!

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 9:38am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Last year Mojo said he could hear me for a long long way out...this year we will double that volume!

Kevin....man you are now officially on the safety and rules comittee....good job my man!

Gary, your promo SN is my favorite sounding CC I've ever heard.

Safety is my middle name, except I spell it like this: "Coors Light"
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 9:40am
Dave,

I'm just fine...how about you?

We plan to bring the Promo and the green one!

Brian and Deb are comming(they had thier room before we did!)....I do need to get him official.We are all comming up together ....arrriving Thurs and heading back Mon. So add two more boats to the total...we are over thirty right!

I need to get Brian to write up a little history on his boat...it has a famous past!

How are you liking that SN???

Won't be long!

stang

The Super Air

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 9:55am
Doing great Gary... Ready for some boating up North, that's for sure.. The SN did great for us last fall.. Really enjoy it despite it needing a few things (don't they all)...

Anyway, yes, we will be over 30 total boats, since there are others yet not registered that are coming for sure... This is definitely going to be a real treat for all of us with all these unique classics that will be coming...

So, yes again, get Brian all official like so we can make sure he's included in the dinner etc..He's got some stiff competition this year in the HP area !! Final counts are needed 3 weeks, so get his rear in gear !!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2007 at 11:48am
Moj,Stang,

Count down is on

Gary....Glad your bringing two.....but why not three......This sounds like the year for Classics....So why not bring it too?

See ya guys there!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 12:05am
Need another towing truck first...I have the drivers but short one truck!

See ya soon brotha!
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic