Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Correct Craft Step Pads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lumiecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Correct Craft Step Pads
    Posted: June-08-2007 at 12:16pm
I am looking for original or re-manufactured white foot steps with the Correct Craft logo. Mine are not busted but all four are no longer smooth. I need four with crome holders.

Got some? Or where do I locate some? Prefer New not used. If used price must be right.

Pete

Link to a better view of the condition of the pads as well as photos of the boat.

Photo Album Link
If you don't get it, be patient, you will.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 7:47am
Pete, This is from a previous post I did. It doesn't help you much but does give you some background into the problem. If we could find the original mold it would be nice!!

From earlier post:
The step pads are going to be a problem unless someone has NOS or has the mold and are making them. There used to be a guy who would cast a mold from a good pad and then duplicate new ones with pourable urethane rubber. He would however only do black because the white urethanes turn yellow very fast in the sun. He has also since retired and moved to Hawaii. I have been working on pads for my Dunphy X55 making a Devcon "plastic steel" mold and experimenting with white casting urethanes and it turned into a big mess and a long story. I'm now having a aluminum mold machined on our machining center here at work with the intention of injection molding them out of white Sanoprene. Some of the OEM's used the Sanoprene after the war. I'm lucky in that one of our divisions is a plastic injection job shop. To say the least, this hasn't been a easy project but is what some of the purest's like myself go through to restore boats!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 10:30am
I thought of just making a sand casting of a good one using very fine powder sand making aluminum steps. They would then only be good for looks and not really functional steps but it would work. Even thought of using bronze instead of aluminum. I thought of making a mold for rubber but never molded rubber, only aluminum and brass. Well I take that back, I did have one of those Creepy Crawler Thingmaker by Mattel. I guess it would be like that. Just gotta find the right mix and have a damn good mold.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 10:36am
Pete, you do the grunt work ,and I will take 4 pads, they have to look as good as the OEM tho and last for 44 yrs. Not a big order HUH????boat dr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 11:51am
Seems to me that the material is a kind of natural rubber by the way the surface cracks. Some kind of vulcanized rubber and not plastic. Mmmmmm. I could try that. Let me toss that around.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 12:56pm
The white CC pads were made out of Sanoprene. Any rubber will degrade with time in the sun. I'll see how the ones I'm doing for my Dunphy turn out and then think about the CC pads.

Pete, Sanoprene is a soft rubber like plastic that is injection molded. It looks like and acts like rubber. It was developed during WWII as a synthetic rubber when the natural rubber was in short supply.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 3:47pm
Well I guess injection molding is out for home made items. Don't really want to spend that kind of money on some equipment for only a few pads.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 4:07pm
Just think of the happy faces on Christmas ,opening a presesent that contains a gift that you made and gave to all your C/C fans............boat dr
I will be on your list and checking it twice
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 6:48pm
Boat Dr.

I bought four from this guy, Link about two years ago. I'm not sure if he is still around or not.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2007 at 7:52pm
dead link, try again please
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 9:28am
Not dead just really badly hurt, try this. I believe thats the guy that pete said retired and moved to hawaii...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 12:56pm
Just got word back that he no longer has any available. Grrrrrr.

lumiecraft
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 1:12pm
lumie, sounds like a good way to make brownie points with some of the senior members on this site.
A person of your talents could come up with a way to produce these things ,and make a little profit to boot......
The Boat Doctor will order 2 pair now ,will pick them up at Green Lake.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2007 at 5:58am
Pete,Does he still have the mold?? The mold is the hard part. The injection molding is easy!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2007 at 10:35am
Don't know. I will ask.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2007 at 10:57am
I've got a friend who says that Midwest Correct Craft in Angola, Indiana is making the white rubber step pads at $25.00 per.

Their site is nautique.com

Chuck

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic