Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

68 Mustang new owner

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 Mustang new owner
    Posted: June-09-2007 at 12:49pm
Hello, I am the proud new owner of a '68 Mustang!!! I have always owne I/O's and done most of all the service on them. This is my first inboard so I am in the dark on many things I am sure. At any rate, the engine is a 318. I have seen some in this year range that have this engine. Would anyone know how to get a service manual for it and also I am guessing this is not what it came with from the factory?? 289?? Anyways, engine is strong but I have some major restoration to do and I am very excited to begin any advice on any thing relating to this beauty would be appreciated.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 1:13pm
Joel, Welcome to our little world....
There is a lot of info to be had here,most of it's free.But as with most things in life you get what you pay for. HA HA
Look around and see what all is available on this site,advice, references and a lot of stuff you will not find any place but here.
Send us some pics of your new toy,If you show us before and after, it makes us all remember where your AT..........boat dr
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 1:34pm
I appreciate that, I will get some pictures up as soon as possible. Anything I should know up front on what I have that comes to mind....typical problems, things to look for and replace, this has been stored for over two years, and with my other boats if I just tried to start after that long I would probably overheat from the dry rotted impeller, etc. Any help starting out would be appreciated. This is so new to me I don't know where to start and I certainly don't want to damage anything right out of the gates.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 3:17pm
Joel, You can get a manual from:marineengine.com
Whatever you can't find in it, the guys here on this site will! Congrats on the new old boat

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2007 at 10:46pm
Welcome Joel,

I have that same engine in my boat. I think you can find a pdf of the manual in the reference section on this site. If it's not what you are looking for I have some info on that engine.

Correct Craft utilized Chrysler a lot through the 60's, though probably a rarity in a Mustang, it is very possible that engine you have is the original.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic