Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floor / Foam Repair - Referral

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
IUFAN24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IUFAN24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor / Foam Repair - Referral
    Posted: June-11-2007 at 9:55am
I can't deny any longer that after this season I'm going to need a new floor and foam. Can anyone recommend a reasonable shop located in West Michigan (grand rapids) or within a couple hours drive?

Also - can about $2k - $3k get the whole thing done?
Thankful Do-it-Yourself Wannabe!
78skinautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78skinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2007 at 2:16am
What year is your boat? i would recomend replacing the floor your self. Honestly it is not that hard to do. I rebuilt mine, and I'd be happy to show you how. I happen to live in Morley and work in Grand Rapids. I restored a 78 ski nautique in my garage and replacing a floor can easily be done by one person in a short amount of time if you know how to go about doing it. Check out the pictures on my website under strinnger and floor work. www.78skinautique.zoomshare.com
What year is your boat? Have you all ready removed the floor to determine this or is it just soft in spots and the damage is unknown?

78skinautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78skinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2007 at 2:17am
If you do it your self, you can do it with less than half of that cost depending on how you do it. Paying a shop will probably run around 3-5k or more.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2007 at 3:02am
I would suggest that you start with an inboard boat shop in the area. They can steer you in the right direction. I would not pay more than 2k for somebody else to do the work. The foam, glass, and stringers are about 500 to 800, perhaps less for a company that can buy the stuff wholesale.

Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
leo0648 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leo0648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2007 at 4:34pm
I know a shop in TN that will do the floor for about a grand. And the stringers for about 2 grand.

I wish I could upload the images from my boat, but it wont work.
rudderdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudderdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2007 at 9:49pm
Come to Texas, I pulled engine,stripped the floor out and pulled one stringer out and this shop only charged me $7500. I still use vaseline daily.
rudderdad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic