Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust hoses

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
qualls88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualls88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust hoses
    Posted: June-18-2007 at 5:32pm
Any suggestions on the best way to go about replacing the 2 exhaust hoses? I'm restoring a '69 Nautique and the exhaust hoses are pretty bad. Should I try and see if Ski Nautique can replace them or is there a better option? A big thanks to anyone with any advice!
Jeff
1986 Martinique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2007 at 7:57pm
Jeff,

Here's one source:
Marine Exhaust Hose

We would love to see some pics of your project. What engine do you have in it?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2007 at 10:35pm
This will work for the top curved part.
Tim D
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 5:07am
Tim, I feel 88 is looking for exhaust hose. The picture you posted looks like a coolant hose.

In another thread, it has been recomended that 88 go to Skidim.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 8:29am
For your information, that hose is the same diameter as the exhaust manifold. The straight hose you're refering to in the other posts will not make the bend like that shown below. I've had my boat 17 years, I think I know what I'm talking about.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 9:10am
Tim, I only thought that you had missed the word "exhaust" in the first post. You must admit that without you describing the picture further, it does look like a cooling hose elbow. Putting the dia. in may of helped. Sorry as I in no means ment to offend you.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
qualls88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualls88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 5:28pm
Thanks for the help. I've got some pics I want to post but I'll have to wait until I return from my road trip. I'll also post pics of the hoses themselves. Chuck, your Nautique looks amazing! Mine doesn't look that good. Did you mount a ski platform or did yours come with it?
Jeff
1986 Martinique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 6:23pm
Jeff,

I've had my boat a little over two years. The platform was on when I got it. I'm not sure if it is original or not, but with all the getting in and out of the boat that we do it is sure good to have.

Thanks for the compliments on the boat; our family enjoys it a great deal.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 6:32pm
Chuck & 88, The earliest I've been able to pin down the year that swim platforms were offered is 1978.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic