NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

getting the trailer and boat ready for a

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting the trailer and boat ready for a
    Posted: June-19-2007 at 1:00am
I have have never pulled a boat 1400 miles, and I know others will pulling almost as far, I know I will need extra tires and bearings plus trailer locks, what are some of you guys going to do??
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 1:26am
your going to need a jack for the trailer, and tools to redo the bearings if needed.4 way lug wrench is handy as well.

I would suggest repacking the bearings now and inspecting them in the process incase they need replaced or an oil seal is bad. Check the tread depth and look for weather cracking in the sidewalls of the tires. Take a spare but make sure they look like they'll make the trip. Double check the wiring front to back looking for loose connections or losely tied/secured wires to the trailer. Look at the shackel bolts and bushings make sure they look good and are not cracked or worn out. Check out the leaf springs/coil springs. Take care of the trailer now while you have a few weeks to get parts and replace them as needed.

maks sure the safty chain is mounted securely, get a strap for the back of the boat so it's not hopping around on the trailer. Make sure your fenders aren't bent and rubbing the tires, don't over load the boat so that the fenders rub the tires. Check the road cover and make sure the tie downs are secure, check the tie down's for cuts fray's that could break in route.

if your looking for a tool list, spare parts list if you make sure that the tires are in good shape, the lugs are torqued properly and the bearings are in good shape and packed with grease then you really don't need too many tools or spare parts and can worry a lot lease.

But I guess to be safe than sorry, it might go like this.

Spare hub, bearing, oil seal, spare tire, jack, wheel chalks, lug wrench, cotter pin, tools to change hub/bearings if needed. A lock for the trailer, spare bulb's/trailer lights.

as Long as you go over the trailer and inspect everything and replace/repair as needed then you can sleep easy. Inflate the tires to the proper pressure before you leave. Double check all the lights are working
you should be good to go. Oh and one last thing run the gas out of the tank on the boat no need to hual the extra weight all that distance and the gas prices might even be cheaper where your going.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 9:13am
That does cover it !

We trail our boat quite a bit and do make some long trips ..so I'll add this...it's a good idea to make a couple early stops along the side of the road and feel the hubs for heat just to make sure all is well! Each time you gas or stop, do the same and look things over ...if it is all checking out ok you will feel more at ease as you travel along!

Also..I tip my pitots up...I was told higher interstate speeds can blow too much air pressure through them. Tip your ski mirror down so the person behind you does not get a face full of sun shine!

see ya there!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 11:32pm
You lucky dog; you are gonna have an awesome time!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 12:33am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

yeah if we make it! we are following "Reid" so we will probably all get lost!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 1:02am
it's pretty easy to find Mark even with Reids disablities you should be all right but then again you are following Reid so all bets are off.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 9:07am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

john

yeah if we make it! we are following "Reid" so we will probably all get lost!

MM, don't forget to register,, deadline has been moved to July 1... You'll be the 30th boat !!!
Thanks
Mojo...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 5:20pm
Thanks mojo..I just got the boat in the diaries today, my next move is register tonite, I want to be #30, Blondie wants to register also so she can get all the stuff, is that ok?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Thanks mojo..I just got the boat in the diaries today, my next move is register tonite, I want to be #30, Blondie wants to register also so she can get all the stuff, is that ok?

Mark, just register her as a guest, each person you register under your listing will get a shirt and hat.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 7:24pm
So.....if I register as a guest...even tho I can't make it...I can get a hat and shirt?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 7:46pm
Yea is there a Swak only regestration?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 9:22pm
Ok I give...what is SWAK?

Might be sorry I asked but.....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 11:01pm
Hey guys, do i need to register b/c i want a banner with my name on it and a ballot to judge the boats also? i think i deserve that! I will have a boat of my own soon, and it will be pink and black!!!! Just let me know, thanx!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2007 at 11:42pm
BloodieGurl...pink and black?

Now if it was me...and I was a girl(which I'm not , but with enough cash and modern technology, I could be if I chose...which I would'nt cause I'm set in my ways.)I would go black hull with pink graghics with some silver metal-flake outlining the lettering! That is IF I was a gurl which as I already stated...I'm not...so do anything you want!
Just a thought!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2007 at 12:10am

Ok I give...what is SWAK?

Might be sorry I asked but.....

john

free sh*t
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2007 at 8:53am
I think more people might know it as SWAG.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2007 at 9:26am
Originally posted by BlondieGurl1443 BlondieGurl1443 wrote:

Hey guys, do i need to register b/c i want a banner with my name on it and a ballot to judge the boats also? i think i deserve that! I will have a boat of my own soon, and it will be pink and black!!!! Just let me know, thanx!

Blondie,
Typical, typical, want, want, want hahaha.. Well you can register and pay $25 bucks for a ballot, get a hat and shirt, or as a guest under MM and get the same stuff for $10, less the ballot... Banners ??? there's a Kinkos in Ripon that might be able to help you with that???

Please tell me you're not a vegitarian??

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2007 at 9:18pm
Moj: She's not. She is awesome cool....not your usual blonde. Remember the pics of her in my boat scrapping gaskets?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 8:32am

EDIT: I meant to put this under a different thread--sorry!

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 8:55am

Moj: She's not. She is awesome cool....not your usual blonde. Remember the pics of her in my boat scrapping gaskets?

john

John, No dispersions from me, I meant it literally, because our sandwiches on Sat were going to have meat on them. haha.. It was more of a women/complaining thing.. Oh never mind

Moj'
Blondie, can't wait to meet ya.. Any women that scraps gaskets is alright in my book !!! see and look, not even a reference to the lime green bikini hahaha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 9:19am
Bloniegurl,

Are you comming up with MM and Reidp?

If so can't wait to meet Ya and i want a picture of you on my boat! That's the only way my boat will look better than Reid's and MM's boats!

1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 9:23am
Paul,
The only way your boat would look better, is if it were sitting in my driveway !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 9:59am
It will be in your driveway that weekend moj remember......Are you Drunk? lay off the sauce moj

Maybe we could get a picture of Blondiegurl on my boat in your driveway?

See ya soon!!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 11:31am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

It will be in your driveway that weekend moj remember......Are you Drunk? lay off the sauce moj

Maybe we could get a picture of Blondiegurl on my boat in your driveway?

See ya soon!!

Paul,

Permanently Paul.... Yeah I remember the arrangement.. I have 2 brain cells left to at least remember that....

Oh and do you want to see me in the doghouse all weekend???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 2:47pm
No dog house for you except the one on your Nautique......Oh and by the way Your boat is soooookick ass.....man that thing is clean!! whoever had that thing must have really taken care of it?

Almost G-day!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 4:25pm
Thanks for the comps Paul, but like most of these boats (they look great at 20 feet) hahaha.. She runs out good, and gives my Kids the biggest smiles, so that's what matters most.. Can't wait for GL.. Hope the weather's as nice as last year....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 9:16pm
Now that is a cool visual: Blondie as a "Hull Ornament" on your boat, Paul. Thats gotta be the only way you could improve the looks of that awesome boat.

Bet your Dad wouldn't mind sitting next to her!

Man....I just cannot wait for all the pics from GL!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2007 at 3:44am
Replaced all the bearings today, bought new trailer locks, and I have 2 spear tires for the trip...Whats next??..this better be fun, because.. danm, it sure is alot of work, I feel your pain...Reid..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2007 at 2:27am
Hey Mark; Great day. As always, thanks to you and Keith. Now my boat steers like new. What would we do without our own personal mechanic? We need to help him get his boat readt for the Orlando Reunion. When we got home...almost no rain here. Some storm there tho. Thanks again.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 12:51pm
MM- Make sure you have a locking PIN for your receiver hitch slug as well- remember that guy who's boat was stolen outside Chicago? The day I read that post, I drove to Walmart and bought a lock.

One peice of advise when trailering anything- don't watch it in the mirror- that will just make you nervous-

Safe travels to you, Blondie, and eveeryone else making the trek to GL
-Brad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic