Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Compression Test

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compression Test
    Posted: August-10-2004 at 1:37am
What are typical numbers for a compression test?

I did one on my engine and the cylnders ranged from 142.5 to 150psi. The range is well within normal limits (as it should be since the engine is newly rebuilt) but I wanted to know if the values themselves are about what is expected.

I realize that since my engine is not stock the values will be somewhat different, but I wanted to see what everybody else typically runs.

Thanks,
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2004 at 3:05am
Typical is usually 140-160. The overall compression isn't as imoportant as difference between cylinders. It should be less than 10%. Your numbers look fairly good. To see if your rings are sealing well put about 1 tsp of oil into each cylinder and recheck the compression it shouldn't go up significantly.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2004 at 4:38am
Ford 289/302 Spec's range from 120 to 170.

Sounds like a good re-build.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic