Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carter Carb

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jerry View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carter Carb
    Posted: January-04-2004 at 2:27am
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can pick up a used Carter Carb for a 1972 Mustang.? Mine is missing and was replaced with an Edelbrock that does not fit the manifold properly. Thanks very much!

Jerry
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2004 at 2:59am
i don't know of any 'used' ones, but napa has a few. tell me what motor you have and i can look up the part #. i think carter is owned by weber which is owned by edlebrock. damn vicious cycle.

from your other post..... yes, i would get cc'c blessing. i have one old style and one new style of the cc metal script.
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2004 at 11:31pm
Carter is long gone-found that out trying to locate a single bbl.for my 67 mustang.I found a great rebuild shop in Fla.and they guarantee their work,If you absolutely want to go new-don't put anything other than a Holley on it.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2004 at 12:56am
I might have missed some other posting(s) regarding your boat, but I guess it's a Chrysler 318 engine, as they were the only ones I know that used that carb? I've got several Carter AFB marine carbs which came off slightly earlier model 318's and which I am willing to sell. But you should be able to locate a good used aluminum intake from Edelbrock, Offy, Holley, etc., for hardly any more than a good carb, and maybe pick up a horse or 2, and which should work good with the Edelbrock carb, as long as they're both square bore patterns. Check e-bay for them.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2004 at 4:57am
My Ford 289 had a Carter on it.

It's a 2BBL if your interested.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic