NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoe Skis wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shoe Skis wanted
    Posted: July-05-2007 at 3:14pm
Hey guys- looking for a set of shoe skis for barefoot training. Would need large ones, since I have size 12 feet.
Thanks
-Brad
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2007 at 6:16pm
Brad, Don't spend too much money. Many years ago I crafted shoe skis out of a pine board and a couple toe pieces off some old skis. As an alternative, a pair a sneakers is a huge step up from feet in terms of no burning and ease of going. Shoe skis would be more helpful if you are working on going backward or something like that, but for working on the basics and as far along as you are on your feet, I think shoes would serve you fine...although shoes are a titch more squirrely than feet. Maybe if you mount little bitty fins on the heel of the shoes...

Brad, many thanks to you and Cheney for the outing and meal last week. It was a ball getting together with you guys. Don't have much opportunity for those kinds of outings any more.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2007 at 6:39pm
Chuck Taylor high tops work best.
Got mine at Walmart
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 11:38am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Brad, Don't spend too much money....
Thanks Larry- that's why I threw this out here- If anyone has a pair of shoe skis or barefoot trainers that are looking for a new home, please let me know. thx

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Brad, many thanks to you and Cheney for the outing and meal last week. It was a ball getting together with you guys. Don't have much opportunity for those kinds of outings any more.

Thanks for coming out Larry- hope we can do it again before ME. When Ken gets his boat back, I could meet up with you guys at Cochituate after work some night. That way you wouldn't have to drive so far.
I made a video of you and Tim's BF run- but it's HUGE and takes forever to d/l. I need some tips on video editing for the web...
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2007 at 8:11pm
I have a pair that I'd be willing to part with. If you're still looking, let me know and I'll try to shoot you a picture of them.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2007 at 3:23pm
Still interested- please email a photo or two
brad_harper@charter.net
or post them here.
Thanks
-Brad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2007 at 6:15pm
Brad, I'll see if I can get you a picture by this evening.

Doug
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2007 at 6:38pm
Brad, pictures sent. Let me know if that's what you had in mind.

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 2:03pm
Doug- Thanks for sending the pictures. They are different than what I had in mind, but look like fun. They would be good to have at next year's NE reunion- for the informal 'ski what ya brought' event

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 3:07pm
No worries. Hope you find what you're looking for. Barefootcentral.com has something that looks a little less like Dorf skis with what appear to be wakeboard sandal bindings on them.

As for ours, I'm pretty much clueless as to how we ended up with them. My wife probably picked them up on ebay at some point. We'll just hang onto them in case any courageous soul decides he wants to ride them.

As for skiing what I brought, that'd probably have to include a rather well padded barefoot suit for me to get on these things.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic