NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Police Boat Crash

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police Boat Crash
    Posted: July-05-2007 at 9:33pm

The law enforcement folks at Lake Powell were out chasing down those persons that were using fireworks on the lake. These guys were chasing a boat that had fired several roman candles. They had to bring a tow truck down the shore and actually lifted the police boat onto the back of it. One of the officers was hurt but is okay.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2007 at 10:10pm
Looks like the police should have just let those 4th of july fireworkshooters have some freedom and fun for the day,

or maby the police was enjoying thierself a little too much with the thrill of the chase.

Bill, wherever thats at,   is that a law not to shoot fireworks?    Cause down here we can pretty much fire them off almost anywhere's

now looking at the pic again   mabe its because of fire hazzard cause that grass looks pretty dry there...

Humm, but then again if it's a law for fire hazzard, then the middle of the lake would be the best spot and also a great view.
RootRacing
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 12:27am
thats one thing that really gets me unglued, you can buy fireworks and pay 7% sales tax but you cant light them off,
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 1:04am
eric, you sound like a libertarian...cool! do you have a copy of the 'fair tax' book? it's a MUST read!
Greg
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 2:35am
On Lake Powell, Utah it is against the law to posses or use fireworks. The city does a big fireworks show that you can view from the water. I guess that in the dark the guy driving the police boat didn't spot the land and hit it at full plane. Remarkably it does not have a huge hole in it. Guess they will think about it next time they are in hot pursuit to bust some guy for playing with fireworks.
Bill
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 2:56am
No fireworks permitted in my County. Police and the Marine Patrol were writing citations all weekend. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 9:59am
its a conspiracy, bk the cops probably own the local fireworks store, in Ohio you have to sign a release saying you wont blow them off in this state. I dont know if you can blow them off anywhere
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 11:40am
Christ, I don't know who's worse here, the idiots with fireworks on a boat or the testosterone junkies chasing them at night. I'm assuming it was dark since they were shooting fireworks.

I got a warning from the DNR on the 4th for pulling in line at the ramp and not being ready because I let the kids to use the bathroom before we launched. That held me up for about 5 minutes. We have a 4 wide ramp with no one in front or behind since we're out early am. Meanwhile we had 3 close calls on the water, 2 with boats way too close and one with a jetski on my butt and came close to ending up in my backseat and nothing gets done about it. Good thing I had kids on the boat to keep me in check cause I was close to doing something stupid.

Then when pulling out we had to help a guy retrieve his trailer after going too deep and dropping off the edge. DNR sat there and watched the whole thing, never offered help and didn't say a word about tying up the ramp.

Maybe I should take more time on the ramp and keep some of these idiots off the water.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 12:33pm
That's a great pic, it will be internet famous.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 3:53pm
Funny that the outboard didn't kick up once she slammed into land??? Oh well, it's just tax payers money to replace it right??

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 12:09am
The boat must have been vaulted from the water in a manner similar to the ski jump ramp. There were no dings in the prop either. Amazing.

The police were out in force working in two groups of four boats. It was definately over kill for fireworks violations. I agree that somebody needs to take control of the random boating fools though.
Bill
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 12:36am
...i love it, imho i cant stand or have any respect for law enforcement....police yourself
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 12:48am
Buffalo, last time I brought up the Fairtax on this forum, a few folks here argued that it was unfair and that a progressive tax was best. Watch out!!
By the way, I've got a signed copy (signed by both Boortz and Linder) from their book signing here in Birmingham last year. You can borrow it if you want. My Dad's got it in FL right now, though.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 5:05am
so did anyone offer the cops that crashed the boat a breathalizer???? Did they catch those ruthless people lighting of the fireworks...
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 9:13am
Poster...not sure I'd loan that book to anyone but my dad! I don't want to start anything, but the Fair Tax plan gives the power back to the people...but it'll never pass for the same reason.

I sure wish it would though   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2007 at 5:29pm
Cop parties always have the best fireworks displays..
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2007 at 6:19pm
This will be a Great Memory, the policeman wont soon forget....
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2007 at 9:49pm
Ya know ,, Lighting off fire works is just the beginning .

Next thing you know they will be shooting bottles with a BB gun .

Then they will be stealing old ladies purses in the park.

Then holding up McDonalds.

Next thing you know they will be with the drug lords smuggling dope into the good old USA.

Nip it in the bud while we still can at shooting off fire works !!
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2007 at 11:59pm
the big story up here in Ohio this week was an argument broke out in Lorain Ohio over lighting off fireworks between 2 neighbors. the guy shot and killed the three people......he was a fireman
DougsdevilCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougsdevilCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:23am

you know it is a little bit aggravating when people set these things off all the time between June and aug. its fun, but when you are doing this all the time with alot neighbors its gets a little tough to be tolerant.
CCcruiser
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 12:42am
I guess the fireman had a short fuse.......

I thought of that all by myself, it really did happen and he'll rot in jail telling his new soon to be boyfriend he killed three people over fireworks..... what has the world came to
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2007 at 2:21am
poster, don't mean to highjack the thread, but that is a great looking boat. We are neighbors..where do you ski?...Joe
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2007 at 3:20am
People shoot off fireworks anytime they want to in Noblesville, IN, where I live. I've never heard of the the cops busting them...
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic